Meany Employeer - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Meany Employeer Meany Employeer

Unread 09-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Meany Employeer

Ladies,
This has me fuming! It doesn't seem legal that employers can treat you this way. There must be something that can be done.

I wonder if there are laws being broken by them doing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Meany Employeer

Gone fishin, That seems illegal.
Stacij, I would say use your time off to find a new employer, RN's are in such high demand I am sure you could find a new employer that has a soul. I have a few friends that are nurses. One does the home care thing, one works for a gastro dr in surgery, and the other in an office talking to people on the phone for an insurance co.
Every one else, Remember these are not hyster sisters, and they sound like they are being the catty, back biters that give working in a small professional group a bad name...They probably think you will be off work sitting by a pool, watching soaps, and drinking umbrella drinks...Ask any one them (if they are old enough) if they have had a csection? They tell them it's like that, except you don't have anything to take your mind off it at the end...I am sorry to be so blunt, but I am sick of people thinking this is a vacation....
Unread 09-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Meany Employeer

Sisters whose work dried up because you were off, sign up for unemployment benefits. Your mean employers will have to kick $$ into it, cost them some money. Just a suggestion. Wouldn't be surprised if all of a sudden there was work again. If the Company has to pay anyway you just may be called back.

p.s. I'm an employer.

Best wishes to all of you! Speedy recoveries to all
Unread 09-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Meany Employeer

For anyone who is employed by a company that has more than 50 employees, use the FMLA to your advantage!

I haven't felt much support from my coworkers either. Some more than others but it seems we hear so much about hyster's that it's like getting tonsils out but it's much more.

I know I'll talk to someone more the next time I find out they are having a hyster and offer more support. I guess after going through all of this we'll learn more compassion for our sisters who are coming down the road.

I have to wonder if you're were having a baby would this and you then be treated differently? Maybe you could ask your co-workers and bosses this question... this is harder to recover from (I've been told) than a C-section.
Unread 09-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Meany Employeer

I love you guys- it's nice to have so much support. Tomorrow I'm going to the office to get my "lay off notice and check" and go to the unemployment office. My "lay off" is only for 1 month supposedly but they know I'll be off on med leave then so guess the labor board will have to intervene.
God surely works in mysterious ways. I've got to take a moment to testify about this situation. Today at church we had a guest preacher who talked about how Christians sometime question themselves as to if they're really saved or not. I've been going through all these emotions thinking maybe if I were a better Christian God would have spared my job, etc. The preacher said when we accept that we really can't do anything on our own and let God take control that's when we can know that we are truly saved (roughly paraphrased of course). I've been thinking and God has already shown me that everything is truly ok- we're not going to lose the house and the kids aren't gonna' starve. There are other jobs out there- (although I love the hours of this one and the pay is fabulous) and all of my co-workers that I so dearly love are only a phone call away.
So- I'm just gonna stand still and let God take it from here- He knows better than I what's in store for me. I just ask that you keep me in your prayers because I'm sure I'm gonna have a battle to go through.
Love all of you for taking the time to reply- it's helped more than you'll ever know!!! Staci

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register