5 months since surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 months since surgery 5 months since surgery

Unread 08-21-2005, 09:27 PM
5 months since surgery

It has been five months since my surgery. I have gained weight and I am emotional. I still have my ovaries, and a month after surgery they tested my hormones and they were working. Has anyone else gained weight and emotional even though we still have our ovaries?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2005, 09:48 PM
5 months since surgery

I am almost 5 mos., My Dr. wont even test my hormones. I have been very emotional and have lost a lot of weight?!?! I dont need to lose any so it is not good for me. I am now dealing with cyst's on my ovaries. Not fun. I go back in on Fri to have one checked. Other than that feeling pretty good. Still get tired a little easier, but not to bad.
Unread 08-22-2005, 05:32 AM
5 months since surgery

I'm 7 months and kept my ovaries. I have not gained weight, but I actively work not to gain weight thru diet and exercise.(this has been since the day I was born-nothing to do with hyst) I can be emotional, but it is cyclical. I started making notes on my calandar-little sad faces when I noticed I was edgy or tearing up at the news(wait! that may be healthy! )and saw a pattern pretty quickly. Sort of toned down PMS without the period. It's still better than the period, and I am sort of glad to have evidence of working ovaries-which recent(last week) studies give us great health benefits, long past menopause.Hope you feel better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2005, 01:31 PM
I love you guys

I have achey hips and shoulders mood swings to beat the band. often very depressed. have gained weight and don't look forward to trying to get into what were the perfect jeans before surgery. BUT! I'm better than I was before surgery.better than I was three months ago and I just thought today, i bet i'll be better still in a few months. Mostly this outlook is because i can come here and know that the things i experience are a normal part of the process. Bless you all for sharing, it means so much!~
Unread 08-23-2005, 05:42 PM
5 months since surgery

, I am almost 5 months post op and I have not gained any weight, I have lost about 12 pounds since the surgery. I just don't seem to have an appetite most of the time. I used to crave sweets and haven't got that urge back yet. I have been very emotional and depressed. The dr put me on anti-depressants which have helped alot, still doing a little tweaking to see what will work best for me. I assume that my ovaries are working since I still get pms. I didn't realize it would take this long to recover. It has been one of the hardest things I have gone thru. I wish everyone the best and may each day get brighter for us all. Carol
Unread 08-23-2005, 07:06 PM
5 months since surgery

I will be 8 montghs post op tomorrow. Emotionally and physically I am getting stronger and I can tell my sisters who have recently had surgery that things will get better just keep praying and stay positive. I still get tired easily and tonight for some reason by tummy is tender and I am in some discomfort. Maybe it is my 1 1/2 ovaries have a party, LOL. On a serious note I hope that nothing is wrong, I will monitor the situation. I still get very worried whenever I experience any pain in my tummy. I am trusting God for complete healing.

Sending love from the Caribbean to all my sisters

Regards
CACS
Unread 08-26-2005, 09:23 PM
Thanks for this thread

I'm almost 5 months out and came on the board tonight to see how the other 5 monthers are doing. I've gained weight because I can't seem to stop craving sweets and I'm too tired after work to exercise. I am also very emotional (crying at commercials). Like apcd, I'm going to start keeping track of my bad days to see if there's a pattern. With no more periods, I can't remember when I would normally have PMS. Hopefully all of us will feel better soon.
Unread 08-26-2005, 09:57 PM
5 months since surgery

Almost 5 months here,Nothing to report except positives.. Lost 12 # since surgery,appetite isn't the same but I am active and aware how quickly the ## can creep up on you!! Libido is rampant,energy level has sky rocketed.

I am not normal,am I ?? I really never have been either... I Wish everybody could feel as good as I do now and it makes me feel guilty to post this.I wish for you all to find balance and health.Hang in there Ladies!!
Unread 08-27-2005, 08:36 AM
5 months since surgery

Three months after surgery for me. I lost a bit of weight right after surgery, but gained about 8 lbs during the summer. My appetite was back even in the hospital. So I ate the same amount and even more and wasn't able to exercise. Now that school has started, I'm more active and have started trying to exercise when I get home but am soooo tired. I haven't gained anymore... hope to be able to lose. I am having pms symptoms each month complete with chocolate cravings! Emotionally, I've been pretty steady- not very moody and generally content. Despite the weight gain, I'm very happy to have had the surgery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register