Lap incision has opened | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lap incision has opened Lap incision has opened

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Lap incision has opened

The same lap incision that oozed a little right from the beginning (doc said it was fine) has now had the last of the glue fall off. I am at day 12 after my surgery. When the glue fell off, I noticed the incision is open and there seemed to be a tiny bit of puss.

I am wondering if I should just leave it or call the doc AGAIN? Have had to call before because of urinary issues that I am still having by the way.

Just want to feel better!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Re: Lap incision has opened

I would call the doctor. I had a part of a lap incision open and it started to bleed. I called the doc, whom had me meet him at this office on his afternoon off, turns out I had a stitch that needed to be snipped. He snipped it, than packed the spot with some gauze. I had no further problems.

I think it is best to have the doctor take a look.

Unread 08-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Lap incision has opened

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMorPain View Post
The same lap incision that oozed a little right from the beginning (doc said it was fine) has now had the last of the glue fall off. I am at day 12 after my surgery. When the glue fell off, I noticed the incision is open and there seemed to be a tiny bit of puss.

I am wondering if I should just leave it or call the doc AGAIN? Have had to call before because of urinary issues that I am still having by the way.

I would give the doctors office a quick call. Just to be sure. I had da Vinci Hysterectomy and my bellybutton incision was bleeding a little bit for two days and when I called about it they said it's fine unless it's really sore, really red Blood, Lots of blood or has pus or if I have a fever. That would be an infection. I was told just to keep it clean with soap and water. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2013, 04:07 PM

Pus indicates that you've already got a slight infection. Give your doc a call to be safe. That's what s/he gets paid for.
Unread 08-12-2013, 04:19 PM

I have an appointment tomorrow morning. Hope its nothing major. It is the same side that part of my skin feels numb too.
Unread 08-12-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMorPain View Post

The medi-strip fell off one of my incisions and it opened a little. It was in the waist band area so it got irritated and infected. I called the Dr. at the first sign of pus and got antibiotic ointment. It seemed to clear up and then it got bad again. I had an appointment with my naturopath and she gave me some meds and an antimicrobial cream which worked but it took a few weeks before it cleared up, probably because it was in a location where it got irritated by clothing. I wore loose dresses around the house with no undies until it cleared up.

Don't wait on this, call the Dr. ASAP. They take post-op infection seriously.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register