I Need opinions for Fibroid solutions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Need opinions for Fibroid solutions I Need opinions for Fibroid solutions

Unread 10-12-2016, 05:03 PM
I Need opinions for Fibroid solutions

Hi all. A few weeks ago i went to the GYN because of pain and bleeding irregular. He did a ultra sound and found a Hemorrhagic cyst. Told me if i have pain or more heavy bleeding to call him and go to ER.
2 days later more bleeding and more pain and feeling nauseous. In the ER they did another ultra sound and found Fibroids on my uterus. I went back to his office to discuss options. He gave me a few, Marina IUD...Novasure, or a Partial hysterectomy. Removal of just the uterus. Im leaning towards the hysterectomy.
According to him they get worse and my bleeding is heavier and heavier every month with terrible pains. He said the fibroid is not big as of now. Its a lil bigger then a cherrieo. Sex hurts most of the time and i spotted the last time we had sex. And i just got done bleeding for more then 2 weeks...
I'd love some feedback to if im jumping to conclusions having a partial hysterectomy. I'm 41 years old and not having anymore children.
And feedback will help. Im still so confused to if its the right decision. I feel like it is,but scared at the same time.
And another concern is orgasm. Some say its better,my doctor said it may not be the same.
Any stories or 2 cents will help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2016, 06:28 PM
Re: I Need opinions for Fibroid solutions

Hi there! There are more alternatives than it seems that your doctor mentioned. This is a major decision that shouldn't be taken lightly. This is a great place to start with a wealth of information. Take a look at the alternatives link here - Alternatives. There are some pretty good explanations there about the various procedures available. You may also want to seek a second opinion, if you are not sure. I sought a second opinion hoping there would be another option for me. It seemed my fibroids were a bit too large and I had one that was 17cm hanging off of my uterus, so some alternatives were out for me. My sister had the uterine artery embolization and this worked for her. Since yours are smaller, you likely have more alternatives than going straight to hysterectomy.

You'll figure out the right thing to do for you. Take your time and seek out more opinions and ask them plenty of questions if not sure.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register