pre-op appointment miracle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre-op appointment miracle pre-op appointment miracle

Unread 08-02-2006, 08:09 AM
pre-op appointment miracle

The most amazing thing happened to me at my pre-op meeting yesterady... after my nerves spiked when I signed the papers giving my doc consent to do the surgery (which I did hesitate on cause my hand just didn't want to move), my feelings of being terrified for the surgery and menopause and loss over my unborn babies went away for the most part.
Maybe this is temporary insanity instead of true peace with my self over this surgery, but for the first time in months I feel good! Today I'm not on the verge of tears or a panic attack at all. I don't know what it was about my pre-op meeting, because I have a lot to do before surgery in two weeks, but it actually calmed me down.
Now, dare I say it, I am kinda excited about surgery and I want to go to the castle. I'm going to be healthy again for the first time in years! Now don't get me wrong, I still think I might need to be sedated when I get to the castle because the this new found peace might go out the window when I get to the castle, but for now I'm going to enjoy it. I hope that all of you ladies in waiting out there are able to found some of the peace I have been graced with. Prayers do get answered.

p.s. If I post tomorrow saying that I'm miserable again, please try not to think I'm too crazy, because we all know how this emotional roller coaster ride goes as we wait for surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2006, 08:27 AM

Enjoy the peace you've found. Live in it. Try to busy yourself and do something good for YOU!!!! If you need some help when you get to the castle, so be it. I am sure I will! So glad to hear you feel better....God's blessings,
KimD
Unread 08-02-2006, 08:30 AM

I am so happy for you! I think it's a sign you know you're doing the right thing for your health. Stay peaceful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2006, 08:31 AM

I'm so happy for you! I'm so happy that God's peace about this has fallen on you! I know that God's hand will remain on you and all will go just great! 's to you!
Unread 08-02-2006, 09:11 AM

God bless you! If it makes you feel better, i went back and forth between kicking and screaming and looking forward to it because i knew it was the right thing. I woke up from surgery feeling relieved, and comfortable and optimistic, now a little over two weeks later, I am sore but overall I feel better than I have in years! May God's peace remain in you and all of us. Love you! (My dr gave me an ambien sleeping pill for the night before I was so nervous - the morning of I was at peace)
Unread 08-02-2006, 09:57 AM

"p.s. If I post tomorrow saying that I'm miserable again, please try not to think I'm too crazy, because we all know how this emotional roller coaster ride goes as we wait for surgery."

that sounded like something I would say!!! HUGS! I think you will do great...hang in there and remember how great life is going to be Post-op! I cling to that thought every day that goes by! I'm scheduled for my hyst on the 21st while you are at the dr's office! Good luck and I'll be thinking of you no doubt!!!
Unread 08-02-2006, 10:22 AM

I am so happy for you! Enjoy the peace you found. I go in for pre op on the 22nd with the hyst taking place on the 28th. You just gave me a little hope that one can have a feeling of peace and well being at this most difficult time. Take Care.

Packerbacker
Unread 08-02-2006, 04:43 PM

I'm so glad you've found some peace and calm.None of us will think you crazy if you still have some anxiety or fear's.Like you said,this is an emotional roller coaster,some day's the ride is smooth ....some day's it feel's like you've gone around the loop about 100 time's and can't get off!!! But just know that we're gonna be here for you and all of us will get through these time's.Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register