new to this | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-03-2006, 05:54 AM
new to this

Hi , Im new to all of this and still trying to get my head on straight. In 23 days i will under go my vaginal hysterectomy and some where in my head i keep thinking the doctor will call and say this has all been a mistake . Im 33 years old with cervical cancer . and that seems to be my hang up IM 33 and somewhere in my crazy head this doesnt happen to woman in there 3o's this is something my grandmother went trough. I know i ve been told im actually at the peak age but it just dont get it . I'm scared out of my mind I know woman go through this everyday ,but for some reason that doent make it easier. I guess I m scared of the unknow . you know how bad will it hurt, my sex life !!! im at my peak . Well thought i would just share my thoughts and if anyone would like to give feed back ill look forward to hearing !!! ang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2006, 06:47 AM
new to this

Welcome! And we understand. None of us ever feels it is fair. I am 49 and only married for 5 years. I have endometrial cancer and I'm scared a lot of the time. Will it hurt? Will I ever have a decent sex life again? Will the cancer have spread? etc, etc, etc. BUT, I will tell you, the women here are the best. I have had so many questions answered and fears calmed by the women on this site. I don't know how I would be facing this otherwise. My husband is a basket case these days. He is trying to be strong, but that sometimes makes him more distant. I know he has questions too. I told him to visit the site for the info for men, but I don't think he has yet. I know I have years and years of life ahead of me...don't know how I turned 49, I was just 30 wasn't I? The older you get the more you realize that you always feel younger or too young for things to be happening to you. Yet life goes on and we must face the problems as well as the joys. I know you will find the answers you are looking for on this site. Ask and someone, often many, will answer! You found the right place! Again...WELCOME!
Unread 10-03-2006, 07:04 AM
new to this

I'm so glade that you found this site. It has been wonderful for me. I had surgery in March and I still come here for inof and ask questions. I did not have cancer but my was pre-cancer. If there anything I can help you with to just talk or vent I will listen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Ang

Hi Ang
I am rite there w/ Star age 48 had to have a TVH, A/P Repair and bladder sling. I know exactly how you feel.
Unlike some of the sisters here, I have not had years of pain and bleeding. I was fine one day, scheduling surgery the next. Still don't know how that happened!
I had lots of fears prior to surgery and even now two weeks post op But just like Star, this site and all of the ladies here have been my Rock. I just don't know what I would have done, or how I would get thru this without this site. You have found a safe place, where everyone understands.

Harley
Unread 10-03-2006, 08:29 AM
new to this

Hi , I am 34 and having my hyst on friday. I am scared, too. But, it needs to be done.

I just wanted you to know that you are not the only "young'un" having a hyst.
Unread 10-03-2006, 09:22 AM
new to this

I'm 24 and will hopefully get this done and taken care of on 10/10. I'm at peace with it, just want it done! I've been surprisingly calm (emotionally), but I'll probably be a basket case afterwards.
Unread 10-03-2006, 11:48 AM
new to this

Hello! I'm 32, and I know EXACTLY what you're going through! I went in for pelvic pain, expecting it to be another ovarian cyst, and was told that it's cervical cancer with a bad case of endo. But, HEY, the ovaries are FINE!

I found out pretty much the day my dad died of cancer. My dad was 57, which I would expect to be more a more common age for someone in our position. Not that I think I would handle the news any better if I were 57 instead of 32, but mentally I think we sometimes put things in different age brackets. Secondarily, I had just decided with my BF that we wanted kids. Now, we will either have to adopt or find a surrogate. Neither are options that he's jumping at. Oh, well - that's how life goes sometimes.

If you ever feel like talking, I'm here for ya. I'll be out for a few days (having my TAH on Thursay), but I will be checking the site as soon as I can get my bootie in that chair long enough! HysterSisters has been the BEST thing for me in the past month with regards to answering questions, preparing me mentally, emotionally, and physically. I would have gone in completely unprepared and probably MISERABLE!

THANK YOU to HysterSisters! And thank you for joining the site and sharing with us. It can be hard and scary...but you're NOT alone.
Unread 10-03-2006, 03:43 PM
new to this

Mellybug, that is tough for you with losing your Dad so recently. I lost my mum to cancer when she was 51 - she would have been 57 this year. You seem to have such a great attitude. I am sending hugs your way.

You are right, this site is the BEST! Where would we be without it?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register