Question for those who are bleeding for days | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question for those who are bleeding for days Question for those who are bleeding for days

Unread 02-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Question for those who are bleeding for days

Oh, and all you ladies that are bleeding for days on end. . .have you discussed progesterone therapy with your docs? Just until the surgery, I mean. I was severely anemic from uncontrolled bleeding, so my GYN put me on Prometrium. Once we found the right dosage, I stopped bleeding, and haven't had any since (it's been about three weeks without any! Yay!) She also scheduled me for a series of iron infusions to bring my ferratin levels up.

Bleeding like that is not only painful and yucky, it can be dangerous because of the iron-deficient anemia it can lead to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2008, 08:34 AM

Tahireh, I am taking 2 iron pills to combat my anemia. I did not take my anemia as seriously as I should have until I started to become dizzy throughout the day.. When I'm cycling I take 3 iron pills, boy can I tell a difference.
When is your Pre-op?
Mine is Feb.11 @ 9:15am. My questions are all lined up.. I feel informed whenever I chat with my Dr. I know in advance what she is going to ask. I like being an informed consumer.
Reading these post daily keeps you sharp...
Meehan
Unread 02-06-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehan
When is your Pre-op?
Well, I've already had my pre-op appts. with my urologist (I realize most ladies don't need this, but I have chronic kidney issues) and with my PCP. My pre-op with my GYN, and my hospital pre-op for blood work, EKG, etc. is not until Feb. 26th. Kind of late in the game, in terms of being close to my surgery date, but I understand they need really recent blood work when you go into surgery (not sure why).

Now I've added something else to my to-do list: my dh gets a paycheck on Feb. 22nd. We are going to go out that weekend, and get all of our Easter shopping out of the way, so all I'll have to do post-op is direct him on assembling the baskets, and help when and where I feel able to! Oh, there's also a birthday party for my great-niece at my sister's house on Easter, so we'll get her a birthday present while we're doing Easter shopping. Dh would be willing to do all this, but he's not very good at that sort of thing! Lol.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register