Sorry new here with Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sorry new here with Question Sorry new here with Question

Unread 08-18-2012, 01:21 AM
Sorry new here with Question

Hey ladies I'm new here and haven't ever really posted on forums much. I had a hysterectomy on 8/7. They did leave my ovaries but took everything else. So I'm not quite 2 weeks post opt and feeling ok. But I do have what seems to be excessive discharge and cramping/aching on the right side. I was told they did find most of the endomitriosis on the right side. Is this normal? Part of me feels like after reading posts on here I should be off all medicine and back in the routine of things. I have 4 kids ranging age 14 months-7yrs so I'm a busy person but still not back in the saddle. Is this normal? Thanks in advance for any help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2012, 01:39 AM
Re: Sorry new here with Question

Some ladies experience more discomfort then others hun. Some sisters have more pain on one side then the other. I had more pain on my left side then my right side. As for your discharge if it is blood and you are bleeding heavy please notify your doctor Excessive bleeding is not normal. If your discharge is the same and not increased and does not have a foul odor then that us normal. I had a discharge for weeks with a slight odor. You will have a slight odor do to internal sitiches dissolving but it should not be foul. If the discharge is yellow,green or a funky color that could be an infection and your doctor would need to see you before your check up. HAng in there hun. This is a hard surgery physically and mentally Everyone heals at a different pace so don't push yourself Take care of yourself and listen to your body. Happy recovery.
Unread 08-18-2012, 06:27 AM

I didn't have much discharge so can't help you there, but did have most of my pain on my right side. That was were all of my incisions were and they think they irritated an ab muscle there as well.

Have you checked into your recovery week pages? I found posting and reading others posts was very valuable to me as I could check to see what I was experiencing was normal or not. Just look for the one that contains the date of your surgery. Just remembering some posts from other ladies seems that you are normal, but know that if you could see compared to others that had surgery at the same time as you might help. Just a suggestion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2012, 06:58 AM

I had surgery the very same day as you and called my dr yesterday with the same issue and I was told that unless the discharge was yellow, green or odorous it was common to have discharge. And with increased activity an increase in discharge is common

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register