confused | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:11 PM
confused

I guess I'm not really sure where to begin. I'm 30yrs old and had to have a hysterectomy so that's probably the worst part. I had a large fibroid causing damage and they did an incision across my entire abdomen (much bigger than my C-section scar).I am almost three weeks post op and so far I don't think I'm doing very well. On an emotional level I have no one to talk to about it. My husband didn't want any more children besides the one little boy we already have but I actually did want more children but I feel like I can't talk to him about how I feel because I'm sad, depressed, feel kind of alone considering all of my girlfriends are younger than me and don't seem to understand any of what I'm going through. Is it normal to feel so sad all the time. I still have my ovaries so the only good news the doctor gave me was I will not have to go through early menopause. Then health wise I was doing great until the last two days. Severe cramps and nausea then I noticed that I had blood in my belly button which I did not have this done laparoscopically so I don't understand why there are scabs of blood inside my belly button and now green stool. That's probably not normal either. I'm sorry this is so long I just haven't talked to anyone about any of this so I'm nervous and alone and not sure what is normal. If such a thing will ever exist for me anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Re: confused

Those are all usually warning signs. Don't be afraid to talk to your dr about all this. She should be able to point you towards a support group. As for the blood & stool thats something that def needs to be addressed with your dr. Thats not normal. Good luck sweetheart. Just remember, if you both want another baby you can always adopt. Its not like carrying your own baby inside but its still your baby in the end. I wish you the best.
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:44 PM

Thankyou darkangel. It's just hard cause I've never really been a sad person and lately I just feel empty and when no ones around I cry. I just wanted to know if any other women went through emotional as much as physical. Adoption could be an option I just wasn't ready for how I would feel knowing I can't ever carry a child again. I know that sounds selfish considering there are many women out there who have no children and can't carry either but I just needed the surgery so bad that I want able to prepare at all emotionally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2013, 08:52 PM

Well you have a whole bunch of new who are here to talk to and who do understand!!!
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:36 PM

Yes, we do understand! Having a hysterectomy is a very emotional event on so many levels. I am 3 weeks out from my surgery and still coming to grips with what happened to me. Come in here often and visit. It will make you feel better. Take care!
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiwolf View Post
Thankyou darkangel. It's just hard cause I've never really been a sad person and lately I just feel empty and when no ones around I cry. I just wanted to know if any other women went through emotional as much as physical. Adoption could be an option I just wasn't ready for how I would feel knowing I can't ever carry a child again. I know that sounds selfish considering there are many women out there who have no children and can't carry either but I just needed the surgery so bad that I want able to prepare at all emotionally.
There is nothing to apologize for or feel selfish. Its your body & this isnt the way you saw your life going. You never know what will come of it. Time heals all wounds as well as a great support team. I too find myself incredibly emotional. I cant say that I know what your feeling as I had a tubal after my 2nd child, but I do know the loss you're feeling....as odd as it sounds. I'm 25 & needed a hysterectomy. Never saw that coming. Its a major surgery & you as well as your body are still coming to terms with it. I really think a support group or group therapy could be very beneficial for you. Meet and talk with others that are feeling the loss of never being able to have babies. There is also a forum on here that might be able to help out too. I wish you the best.
Unread 05-07-2013, 08:46 AM

Thank you so much. I wasnt even sure anyone would respond I just needed to type it I guess to get it out. It's tough when you don't have an emotional support system. You guys are amazing and thank you for your responses. I don't feel so alone anymore. Still somewhat sad but knowing I can write here and have people who don't even know me show me kindness and support is just......well words can't describe it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register