Scheduled dVH/RALH To the Ladies having robotic surgery who have had a C-section | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

To the Ladies having robotic surgery who have had a C-section To the Ladies having robotic surgery who have had a C-section

Unread 07-25-2013, 07:48 AM
To the Ladies having robotic surgery who have had a C-section

Went for my pre-op yesterday (my hyster is Aug,2 ) and my doctor said the pain won't be as bad as my C-sections. I had 3 and basically breezed thru them! Having Robotic surgery so there will be no big incision. She said It will be a piece of cake compared to a C-section. Sounds good to me...I have a super high pain tolerance tho and I know everyone is different but thought it could ease some minds, Take Care everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2013, 08:11 AM
Re: To the Ladies who have had a C-section

Good to hear! I have had two c/s...I just pray dr. doesn't have to do abdominal due to c/s, cyst removal, and one past d&c. He thinks vaginally will be fine. Fingers crossed! Good luck to you!
Unread 07-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Re: To the Ladies who have had a C-section

To me, c-section much, much tougher! I had no gas pains with dVH, no spotting, took pain meds only a few days, only asked my hubby for help getting up out of bed the first night. My hyster was a piece of cake compared to the C. I am thankful, mine was like like the perfect storybook surgery.

Having said that, I did rest a lot the first few weeks!!! Even though things look minor on the outside, there was major surgery on the inside! Follow your Dr's advice, listen to your body and rest as much as you need to.

Best wishes on you upcoming procedure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2013, 07:04 AM
Re: To the Ladies having robotic surgery who have had a C-section

I had the same experience as firelight, but I did have some crazy gas pains the first week or two. Other than that, I think my DvH was way easier than a c-section.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register