Suggestions for PostOp | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Suggestions for PostOp Suggestions for PostOp

Unread 10-12-2004, 07:57 AM
Suggestions for PostOp

Hi Ladies-

I had my TAH lst Friday and here is what I have learned:

Do as many situps prior to surgery as you can manage. I am about 25 lbs. overweight and this helped me be stronger. JUST DO IT! It may not be for beauty but you will be happier when getting in and out of bed. Even doing 25 a day will make a difference after your surgery. I HATE situps so this was a big committment for me.

Do buy big, ole, soft and ugly undies--swelly belly is unbelievable. I had read about it on hystersisters but on my gosh it is a real thing!

The hospital had REALLY bad food (my theory is it gets you to go home sooner!) so my husband brought in food to me-- won ton soup, bran muffins, etc. So much better.

Drink drink drink your water. Your bowels will appreciate it and skin will look great. Start as soon as you are able in the hopsital--don't put this off.

My dh put a small stool next to the bed--what a godsend! I can get in and out of bed SO much easier. A power strip is a good thing too for all the extra things I am using in the bedroom

Tuck the corner of your sheets securely into the bottom of the bed. It helps when you need to pull yourself into a sitting postion.

I bought a small airline sized pillow and case at Linen and Things. I use it for a lot--including keeping my 3 cats from jumping on my stomach. It is also great to prop up my swelly belly when I lie on my side.

I also bought one of those TV watching pillows--it is great for sitting in bed but it is HEAVY do NOT lift it yourself.

I put a tupperware box on the bed for all my small stuff--remote, glasses, iPod, knitting and it is saving my sanity.

My dh works out of a home office and we are using walkie talkies to communicate instead of me having to yell or use a bell. It has been great just to check in with each other.

Take your pain pills on time. It is hard to chase your pain, easier to manage it.

Hope this helps.

Te, 12 fibroids removed, left ovaries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2004, 09:51 AM
Suggestions for PostOp

Good suggestions!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register