Finally... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-07-2003, 05:00 AM
Finally...

...my last period. Not that I enjoy it, but the PMS is so bad as well I was glad when it got here on Saturday - two days late. That morning I was crying and an emotional mess, and that afternoon when AF finally came the whole world looked brighter. I never did understand that.

Anyway, since then I have been in miserable pain. Thought I could make it through the night without pain meds (I don't like meds) and woke up around 2:30 AM with horrible cramps. My usual dose of 1/2 vodicon plus 2 ibuproven did nothing and an hour later my pain had increased. I had thoughts of going to the ER but took another dose of meds and finally after another hour the pain had gotten better and I was able to go back to sleep. Last night I took meds before going to bed - MUCH better.

I also thought I would be able to give away some tampons and pads, but at the rate I am going there won't be any left. I am SO looking forward to not having to deal with this anymore. I used 3 full size pads last night to 'cover all areas'. I think I will never forget the first period I had 3 weeks after my hubby and I got married and I woke up with a huge stain on the bed. We did not live together before getting married and had not been intimate, so this was not pleasant so short after getting married. Thinking back to it now it's funny.

This period is another nice reminder why I am having a hyst and once again, it can't get here fast enough. I have 15 days and a wake-up to go and I am ready. I am eating like a bird and gaining weight and I just feel down right miserable every day now. All the good days are gone.

Good luck to all you wonderful LIWs and thank you all you wonderful Princesses for being here. This site has been a blessing and I thank God for it.

Kristina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2003, 07:53 AM
Finally...

Hi Kristina,

The one thing that stuck out most in your post is "eating like a bird and still gaining weight" - I think that is the most depressing because it's happening to me too! ARG! After reading all the post on this site, the one thing I have learned about post-op - > NEVER lift anything bigger than the size of the tumor they took out of you! heheh (Sick, but we gotta make it bearable!)

Good luck and keep us posted!
W
Unread 07-07-2003, 11:12 AM
Finally...

I really needed to read about his I have been gettign worse and worse pain wise and just got over my Period this weekend, I am supposed ot be sxchedualed any time now (early sept) I am hoping I only have one cycle left and then to the castle.... I am tired and having pain (sort of like cramps all teh time now) and I feel run down and jsut plain yucky....

I now look back and wonder how long I have been feeling like this and I don't even really know... I could not even walk around more than 30 min at Target on Sat. started feeling pain and really tired almost made me sick... I hate to wish my summer away but I am not enjoying it and cannot wait until I am done with this whole business....

LIW til sept something....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2003, 11:38 AM
I hear ya digitizingqueen!

I was at Target also on Saturday and I finally ended up taking vicodin. Couldn't deal with the pain any longer and the nausea and fatigue that comes with it. And I know what you mean about wishing the summer away. I am counting days until the surgery and look forward to feeling better.

My co-worker who had a hyst in September said you will not know how badly you were feeling until after the hyst when you start feeling better. She said it's because you start feeling worse and worse and it's gradual, so you just get used to being in pain and feeling fatigued. I believe her because I realized the other day just how miserable my life has gotten.

I hope you get your date soon and that the time will go by fast for you.

Kristina
Unread 07-07-2003, 12:26 PM
Finally...

YAAAA!!
I'm right there with you guys. I began what I hope will be my last period Friday. What a way to celebrate the 4th, huh? I'm scheduled for a TAH/BSO July 29. I just hope and pray that this one isn't like the last three, where they hang on for weeks. The cramps are awful, and the flow is so heavy. I can't go far from home, because I don't want to carry a whole box of protection. I don't feel like going anywhere. This is so depressing! My life and quality of life seems so dismal, and I don't have the energy to do anything. I babysit kids, and it's all I can do to cook them lunch and get them down for a nap. I'm so thankful for my DS, who is out of school for the summer, and here to help me. My DD helps when she gets home from working a fulltime job as a day care teacher of 2 year olds. And of course my DH helps out as much as possible when he gets home from working. I am so blessed with such a loving helpful family, that understand how I'm feeling and that "mommy's" not up to par. It's just so depressing because I can't remember when I actually felt really good, and full of energy. I hate how this is dictating my life. I'm growing aliens and I can't get rid of them soon enough. But I'm also nervous about the post-op time. We just recently moved into an apartment on the third floor, so when I get out of the hospital, I'll be having to tackle 2 flights of stairs to get home. Pray for me! I know I'll be pretty much home-bound for the first two weeks. Any advice for a soon-to-be-sister/
Unread 07-07-2003, 12:31 PM
Hi Debbie!

I have been praying for you. Sounds like we are pretty much feeling the same way. I changed tampons/pads before going anywhere yesterday and packed extra although I knew I would only be out for about an hour or so.

It will all be over soon. I am starting to have pain on my right side and feel some fear that my right ovary will have to come out, too. Please pray that God would protect my right ovary, even now, and that it would be healthy and functioning properly after the hyst.

Hang in there.

Your Sister in Christ (and hyst),
Kristina
Unread 07-07-2003, 12:40 PM
Finally...

Kristina,

I pray daily for you, that God would supernaturally heal you completely. I pray that if it's not His will for a supernatural healing, that he would spare your ovary, so that you don't face the problems it could create in losing it.
I always know that he is in control, but sometimes don't like the way he works things, or allows things to happen.
I am so thankful for this site, and your friendship-even if it is long distance. I believe our Father used this site to bring us together to comfort each other, and for that I will be eternally grateful. And I am thankful for the others that have responded to my questions and posts, it does ease the worry some.
God bless you all.

Thanks for the encouragement Kristina,
Your sister in Christ,
Debbie
Unread 07-07-2003, 01:32 PM
Me Too :0)

Well I too am in the same boat. My period came on today while here at work. Tomorrow & Wednesday are going to be days of sheer dread. I always say the same prayer every month... "Dear God, let it be light in flow, easy on the cramps & short in duration"

Yeah right... it rarely if ever happens. My day is drawing near for surgery (7/21) and I can't wait. I know that this period will go out with a vengance since it will be my last one.

Counting down the days...
Kelley
Unread 07-08-2003, 09:18 AM
Finally...

Well my pain has finally eased did not relize how miserable this bad stuff makes you flow was over on Sunday night... but had cramps pain for two days after word (it is still there but much better) Still no call form DOc office waiting until 2 todayand I will call them... I really want to know my date!!!!
Unread 07-08-2003, 09:22 AM
better

I am feeling better today, too, pain wise, but I feel so bloated, puffy and fat. I hate the weight gain despite eating so healthy. I live on protein, veggies, and fat. That's it. I can't wait to get this over with and hope I will lose the weight after surgery that I have been putting on here lately.

Kristina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register