Back to work after hysterectomy...don't wanna...EVER ;) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back to work after hysterectomy...don't wanna...EVER ;) Back to work after hysterectomy...don't wanna...EVER ;)

Unread 03-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Re: Back to work...don't wanna...EVER ;)

I have until April 6th before I have to start looking for a new job. Still have a slightly open incision. I believe that will make me 3 months post op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2014, 10:53 PM

I am getting a total of 6 1/2 weeks off. I go got my check up at 5 1/2 weeks. I am a teacher, on my feet all day and don't know if I'm going to be ready. I had hyst plus anterior and posterior repairs and sling. The works! I'm not above begging for more time off. I'll see how I'm feeling in a few more weeks.
Unread 03-03-2014, 11:55 PM

Ok you ladies are scaring me. I had surgery feb 26th. My dr said about four weeks because I'm a server. Listening to u all is making me think I will probably need more time and I'm a single mom. This is going to stink but I know it'll be worth it in the end to finally be pain free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2014, 05:59 AM

I am my boss and every day off work is $$$ but i am organised to not work until april but was going to do some work earlier from home - norpt ure im ready - not just sitting but focussing, i het soooo tired
Unread 03-04-2014, 08:47 AM

At my 2 week check up, my doctor said I could go back to work whenever I want. They originally wrote March 17th for my FMLA paperwork but said he's not giving me a release to work until I feel ready. Told me to make an appt in a month (april 7th), and if I want to work before that, call him. If not, he'll see me then. =D Hubby isn't even against me taking the whole time off if I feel better! =D Wooohooo!
Unread 03-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Back to work after hysterectomy...don't wanna...EVER ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerLady1 View Post
Yep Yep and Yep. I'm loving being off work. I still have 3 weeks to go before I find out when I have to go back and I'm stressing about work already. Will I be able to handle it? Will I need a nap mid day? Will I be forced to lift something to heavy? Will my co-workers ridicule me for being on modified? Will I be able to handle the 45 min drive to and from work? I definitely don't want to go back yet or even in 3 weeks.

Tell your doctor you get tired quickly. I have the same feeling. Within an hour of doing something I want to lay down.
Hello Ladies, I'm new to this site. I so agree I'm not ready to go back to work. It has been 3 weeks since my surgery. I feel very relaxed & not ready for all the stress on my job. I'm going for 6 weeks.
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:14 AM

Take as long as you can off from work. Your doctor should respect your request. I hope he/she does.

I was told 3-4 weeks out of work (LAVH). My job is horrid. My boss is horrid. I asked my doctor for 4 weeks, and he immediately wrote the letter. If I could do it all over again, I would've (only because I need a paycheck and jobs are slim pickings out there these days) requested 4 weeks out, 2 weeks part-time. I have a desk job, and weeks 5 & 6 were awful.

I was only in yesterday for 3 hours b/c of impending snow storm. Back today. It's 12pm, and I hurt. Just took 800mg ibuprofen to get me through the rest of the day.

Don't feel bad about asking your doctor. If I would've known about this site b/4 my surgery and read the vast amount of good information here, no way I would've come back b4 6 weeks on ANY level.

I hope it works out the way you need it to. (((hugs)))
Unread 03-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Back to work after hysterectomy...don't wanna...EVER ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCamilleri View Post
At my 2 week check up, my doctor said I could go back to work whenever I want. They originally wrote March 17th for my FMLA paperwork but said he's not giving me a release to work until I feel ready. Told me to make an appt in a month (april 7th), and if I want to work before that, call him. If not, he'll see me then. =D Hubby isn't even against me taking the whole time off if I feel better! =D Wooohooo!
Not sure if you already did, but you need to update the fmla paperwork for your employer. Did your doctor write you a note to continue time off after march 17? Here, the doctor can just write a note on a prescription pad.
Unread 03-04-2014, 09:36 PM

I'm a single mom too. Thank goodness for short term disability that covers my rent and basic bills. We are living very tightly right now and while my work isn't physically demanding my workdays are long and very stressful.

I feel great at this point just still so tired and seriously painful sitting for more than 2 hours. 10 hour days don't sound very fun at this point.

Id love 5 months!! Haha
Unread 03-05-2014, 02:06 AM

I haven't gotten the work release letter yet...I asked the nurse to make it for March 10 starting part time from home..we'll see...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register