Positivity and relaxation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Positivity and relaxation Positivity and relaxation

Unread 05-05-2010, 03:24 AM
Positivity and relaxation

Hi Ladies,

TAH/SO 10.5 teratoma on right ovary.

Im a uk sister who was so glad to have foud this site.

I am lucky and blessded to have 2 children.
So when I was told of hyst I had mixed feelings but decided to thank my gynae women bits say goodbye to them and ask them to leave my body peacefully I let them go with love and grattitude.
I also did relaxation tapes a few times.
I awoke from surgery 10 days ago with no problems at all I am amazed I feel fantastic and hope that I will continue to do so.
I believe in positive affirmation and so far its working for me.
Good luck to you all, and I hope you all feel as good as I do after your hysts. I tried to steer clear of horror stories and misery so far its working!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Re: Positivity and relaxation

Yogabev-

You are so right about staying positive and using things like relaxation to set the stage for a successful outcome. I am two weeks post op (TAH/BSO) and I honestly cannot believe I just went through a major surgery! I used guided imagery before, during, and after surgery. Yes, I actually had my ipod going during my procedure! I used Belleruth Naparstek's successful surgery. Several sisters here recommended her. I've already ordered her guided imagery for chemo. Yes, I'm scared about getting chemo, but I am again keeping positive about it all. I can't control my medical condition, but I can control my attitude. It's good to have knowledge about possible complications, but it's a waste of energy to dwell.

Hope you have continued good healing!
Unread 06-05-2010, 06:55 AM

Hi Kim,

I hope you are still being positive as you can be and doing ok.

Im week 6 now have just posted a thread on how im doing.

Thanks for your reply hope your still doing the RELAXATION & POSITIVITY i believe it works for sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2010, 08:55 AM

So good to hear that some of us are doing well (but still praying for those that are not). I really hesitated to tell too many people that I was having a TAH, simply because I didn't want their stories (good or bad) to become my reality. A friend recommended this site and I was a little afraid to read some of the threads...but now am glad I did. I'm almost 2 weeks post-op and am feeling pretty good. I've always believed in the power of positive imagery and I really feel that it's a good tool in preparing for surgery and managing recovery. Thanks ladies for posting!

Unread 06-05-2010, 11:43 AM

Staying positive and staying active have helped me recover. I'm sure of it. Yes, getting rid of my uterus was a hard decision, but it was a decision I am comfortable with. I avoid those posts where women are talking about the horrors, and stick to posts where people are simply asking for advice.

Had things been different, ofcourse I would have kept my uterus...but that was not meant to be, and I'm fine with it. I already had my family (3 boys, YIKES, lol) and I was in constant pain and the bleeding was ruining my life (I had to plan everything around it).

The bleeding and pain is gone. I am finally healthy after years of suffering. I am 5 weeks post op now and feel amazing. Better than 100% actually, because I am no longer in pain. I don't even feel as if I've had surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register