Terrified of complications | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Terrified of complications Terrified of complications

Unread 03-23-2011, 04:44 AM
Terrified of complications

So, April 6 looms around the corner for me and now I'm starting to have nightmares. I have Godzilla the fibroid as mentioned in another post...looks like I'm 6 months pregnant.
I think I'm unfortunately going to have my period that day...figures. Is that ok, or should I reschedule.

I'm terrified of the Anesthesia not to mention I'm terrified he'll get a bleed and not be able to get it. Anybody else feel this way?

...tic toc tic toc...not thrilled with my doc. =(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2011, 04:55 AM
Re: Terrified of complications

I was very nervous of my surgery...and anesthesia... I think that is normal! I had mine done a week ago Monday and am very happy with the results so far! Some pain but not nearly as bad as I had prior to surgery. If you are really nervous about the anesthia make sure to discuss this with the anesthiaologist (sp?) they will reassure you and help you to relax. Oh yeah I was also going to say that I had my period too. I wasn't suppose to get it until 5 days after but guess it showed up early just to remind me of my misery!! lol. I double checked with doctor just in case, but no problem at all. He said trust me you will be bleeding down there a little bit anyway (came out of surgery with minimal spotting only)......the only possible problem I would forsee is if your hemoglobin is super low but then they may need to just give you some blood, I was low...came out of surgery with an 8 but still felt good so I didn't need any. I know it is scary, but asking questions on this site helped to reassure me!! Good luck!
Unread 03-23-2011, 06:19 AM

Why are you not thrilled with your doc? Other than the whole he wants to do surgery on you thing ... you trust him, right?

I'm petrified about my surgery tomorrow, but that's just me being -- well, me. But I absolutely trust my docs. If I didn't, they'd have to carry me out of here kicking and screaming!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2011, 06:22 AM

ds9kirys...good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking and praying for a fast recovery!!! I love the cat pic!!!!!
Unread 03-23-2011, 11:18 AM

I had a really large fibroid too, along with other issues. When they got it out, it was over 30 pounds!!

I can already tell that my stomach is way smaller, even with the swelling. I'm 2 1/2 weeks past surgery, and I feel pretty good, even with the big incision.

Just keep reminding yourself that once you go in to surgery, next thing you know it'll be all over. I just kept thinking how relieved I'd be to have it out of me, and that helped a lot.
Unread 03-23-2011, 12:32 PM

This passage helped me right up until I was walking into the hospital doors for my surgery.

King James Bible...The book of Isaiah Chapter 41 verse 10.
It reads.....
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

God will help you if you truly believe. *HUGS* to all of you who are going through this adventure. May God bless you and your families.
Unread 03-23-2011, 02:48 PM

i was a little scared myself until i got to the OR doors then i spazzed out so freaking bad.then they come out nad tell me well we cant get ahold of your doctor(he lives in flushing nad there was no power in flushing this morning)so they sent me to pre op holding and i couldnt calm down. i was shaking the bed bad so they gave me a little something to calm my nerves. i felt a little dizzy and then i didnt remember anything until i woke up.i dont remember what it was but it was awesome!!!!!! maybe you can get them to give you a little something to calm your nerves when you get there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register