Less than 2 weeks very emotional | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Less than 2 weeks very emotional Less than 2 weeks very emotional

Unread 08-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Less than 2 weeks very emotional

I have. 2 weeks. Until surgery I have been very emotional today is that normal just watching a movie and I started balling this is crazy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Re: Less than 2 weeks very emotional

I've been the same way! Makes me feel like a crazy woman too! I was on the train going home from work yesterday and for no apparent reason, I almost burst into tears! You're not alone so I hope thatmakes you feel alittle better! We are having our surgeries on the same day I see! Wishing you best of luck and a speedy recovery We are almost there!!
Unread 08-08-2013, 04:11 PM

I felt the same way and had butterflies in my stomach right up until I was rolled into the surgery room, just do some breathing exercises and meditate because it will go by fast I had my surgery 3 days ago and don't worry the relief of it being over will be rewarding. Just make sure you have someone by your side all the way through for support, it helped a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2013, 04:18 PM

Me too guys! I go in on the 16th and im a nervous wreck about pain not having stuff ill need
Unread 08-08-2013, 06:34 PM

Thank you all ladies I feel a little better knowing I'm not alone @flanier take care of yourself get rest
Unread 08-09-2013, 01:04 PM

I was the same way, broke into tears at the slightest thing. I think it's only natural, it's a big surgery and you are scared (I sure was). I kept myself busy before surgery and after surgery had the "luxury" of catching up on reading and watching some really dumb TV. At five weeks out I am feeling good and so glad it's behind me.
Unread 08-09-2013, 01:49 PM

I was in the same place you are three days ago. I had my TLH/LAVH on the 6th. Started out as TLH and the doctor ended up finishing it out as LAVH. I was so nervous. I tried to keep a handle on it. I would not let myself cry, I wish I would have because when I got to the pre op room I snapped a bit. They had to push my surgery back because a emergency hysterectomy came up, so I had to wait. Started bawling and told my husband I wanted to go home. I was supposed to go back at 9 and didn't until 12. The nurse came in and just looked at me (I was bawling) and said Oh hon I'll have the doc get you something to calm you down. I can laugh about it now, but then I wanted to crawl away and hide.
So just remember it's okay to cry, This is a big step. Don't hold it in. Cry away it will be okay! The and nurses know what to do. Just remember if you get in there and are waiting for pre op and you start feeling that panic ASK for something to help calm you. They'll give it to you.
Good luck ladies you'll do great !
Aunt Sis Daisy
Unread 08-09-2013, 02:40 PM

I broke into tears in the pre-op area when the guy putting in my IV needle had a rough time. I was embarrassed, especially because it drew a crowd. Three or four other people came into my little cubicle area to see what the problem was. They were handing me Kleenex, talking about what to do next, and someone told a person by a desk outside the cubicle to go get a certain person. They told me she was the queen of being able to do these IV needles. And they weren't kidding. She gave my hand a shot of lidocaine (sp?) and then did the needle insert: It took her only about 30 seconds. Done.

I kept saying I was embarrassed (which I was): I felt like a five-year-old afraid of shots. I told them it was just pre-operative tension, that I'd been scared anyway and this just happened to loosen the floodgates.

As I mentioned above, the response was immediate and pain-free. So rest assured that no matter what happens, the hospital staff will take good care of you.
Unread 08-09-2013, 05:38 PM

I remember reading that the worst part was the waiting. That was so true for me. I am now 2+ weeks post op and these 2 weeks were a breeze compared to the awful nervous 2 weeks before my SAH. Good luck to you.
Unread 08-10-2013, 03:31 AM

I am the odd woman out here. It was so awful beforehand i couldnt wait. I even called to ask to have my date moved up if they had a cancellation. Got it moved up a whole week and i was thrilled.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register