LAVH 3 Days Post OP - Finally Made it Home!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH 3 Days Post OP - Finally Made it Home!!!! LAVH 3 Days Post OP - Finally Made it Home!!!!

Unread 06-04-2010, 10:53 AM
LAVH 3 Days Post OP - Finally Made it Home!!!!

I finally got out of the hospital today at 10:30 a.m. Had my LAVH Tuesday a.m. I thought I would get out Wednesday morning, but no such luck! My temperature spiked to 102.3 Tuesday night and again Wednesday night. The doctor put me on iv antibiotics and I was given Tylox and Motrin orally. Wednesday a.m. my doctor was concerned and wanted me to stay over another night (bummer). Wednesday night my temperature spiked th 102.5. Used same method to get it down. Yesterday morning (Thursday, she ordered I take some tests using contrast dye to see what was going wrong. They took images of my bladder, liver and ureters (?) and found nothing. Doctor said she talked to the pathologist and while examing my tissue samples from my uterus found "necrotic" tissue, which probably caused the fever.

Last night I had no fever and was ready to get out of there this morning. My husband stayed with me the entire time and my daughter was there one night and on the phone with me almost every hour (just talked to her again).

Now, as to how I feel, I feel great. No real pain in the stomach area--she made five incisions in my tummy--three upper part just under rib cage, and two in upper part on each side. No problem wearing my own panties or pants. On pain in the vaginal area. If I didn't know they performed surgery, I would't know it by the way I feel. Just a little soreness in my stomach area. I took a motrin 600 this a.m. at 5:00 and will take the ibupropen she prescribed if I feel painful later, but I am sooooo glad to be home! Appetite is not back up to where it was (not necessarily a bad thing). Discharge is VERY slight. You have no idea how it feels after two years to know that I am not going to have to wear a mini pad every day AND night. I thank God for my wonderful husband who has been right there for me the entire time. I told him to get ready because we are going to celebrate in August.

I have promised him that I would not do anything I shouldn't, so I am going to sign off and take a nap and let him pamper the Princess! I'm a tough one to pamper, but I will do my best to get used to it over the next few weeks.

Oh, I almost forgot, had an induced bm Wednesday morning when the nurse gave me a suppository, but none since then. I have been drinking PlumSmart plum juice, drinking lots of water and other juices, but no luck yet. At least I don't feel bad. If nothing happens by tomorrow, I will take something, but I'm not concerned.

Couple of things they did for lme in the hospital that I thought were beneficial: I had leg massagers on whenever I was in the bed. Also had to use the "lung expander thing" to blow in ten times ever hour to prevent pneumonia.

So far, I believe the LAVH is the way to go. Time will tell and I'll let you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Re: LAVH 3 Days Post OP - Finally Made it Home!!!!

I loved those leg massagers! I hated to stop using them!

Take it real easy. Soon you will start to feel pretty good and it will be tempting to overdo it. Hold yourself back my sister, your time to heal is now. All the , , can wait!

Pamper the !

:cathugs:
Unread 06-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Re: LAVH 3 Days Post OP - Finally Made it Home!!!!

I highly recommend colace to help get/keep things moving. It's a Godsend imo. Miralax is gentle, too, but after bowel prep, I never want to see Miralax again LOL.

I'm relying on colace and Activia yogurt to keep my system running right now (and it's working TOO well!)

Sorry things didn't go exactly as planned, but thrilled you are home, I know how much better I felt once I was home.

Kudos to your hubby! Tell him I say thanks for being such a good guy!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register