LAVH 3 weeks post hysterectomy and feeling like crud | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy and feeling like crud 3 weeks post hysterectomy and feeling like crud

Unread 10-16-2017, 01:18 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy and feeling like crud

Today I’m exactly 3 weeks post op. I’m currently only approved to be off work 1 more week. But I have a call in to my dr about more time off. I am emotional today cause my own mother told me I was milking this recovery for everything it’s worth. And my kids father(ex husband) is refusing to help anymore. Since a week and a half post op I’ve been driving my kids to and from school, doing my own house work and not asking for any help other than when my bf is there at night to check on me. I’m having lower abdominal pains and still spotting. I get tired very easy after long walks and I start hurting after sitting up straight for long hrs. I learnt that this weekend sitting at my girls cheer offs then ballgames followed. Am I overdoing it and honestly do need more time to heal or should I go back to work so certain loved ones will stop complaining.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2017, 04:58 PM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy and feeling like crud

Hi neighbor, I'm just across the border in GA. If I could handle the drive I'd first give you and then give your family what for. NO you're not milking your recovery! It takes longer for our insides to heal since it is soft tissue. I read an article that said this surgery is second to heart surgery. So sit back and rest.

I know where your coming from though. My daughter who lives close enough to help after the first week said "Why can't you do it yourself?" So since then I've been taking care of my disabled husband and myself just like before. Kudos to you on driving, I tried but like you because of not being able to sit up straight I had trouble with my blind spot. You need to listen to your body of it says rest then rest. Leave your supper woman cape in the cabinet a little longer. Maybe your daughters can help, not sure how old they are but make it a game, Cinderella?

Our emotions are a mess right now and will be for awhile. So when you tell your family to put a sock in it your justified. You just had MAJOR surgery, where our insides have been pushed and pulled and removed. This just happened 3 weeks ago. Tell them to watch a video of a hysterectomy before they say anything again. You only have one chance to heal right listen to your body not them.

Talk to your about more time off. If your body isn't ready it's telling you to take it easy. It takes an average of 8 weeks to heal, for some 6 months and even a year before you really feel back on your feet. Hopefully It won't be that long for you. Resting and taking it easy is right where you should be. If you can't get more time off maybe you can go back part time.

I'm sorry you don't have more support from your family. Know that you have my support as well as all the other sisters on the site. I'm/we're here for you. Listen to your body it will tell you need to do, not your family. So neighbor, if you ever need to vent well listen and we know how you feel.

Send you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register