Mood swings at 3 weeks post hysterectomy? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mood swings at 3 weeks post hysterectomy? Mood swings at 3 weeks post hysterectomy?

Unread 04-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Mood swings at 3 weeks post hysterectomy?

I am crying and feeling bad emotionally! Is this normal? I am frustrated with needing to manage my life, baseball games, house, kids, homeschool etc. but having the restrictions from surgery making it really difficult to get everything done! My husband doesn't understand, if I am tired from it all he just says "well, don't do so much!" Okay, well, who is going to feed the kids and get our son to baseball games then? Who is going to get the groceries?
I know he is tired from work and home stuff, but I just feel like crying. I don't want to put more on him, but this stuff has to get done!
Also, I feel so frustrated I am lashing out at him and saying things without thinking. I just want to lock myself in my room and never come out! (Of course I can't because someone has to do the homeschool.....)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2014, 12:56 PM
Re: Mood swings at 3 weeks post hysterectomy?

Hi julie, your DH sounds similar to mine, they just dont get it sometimes!! Mine has told me repeatedly since this OP to slow down and not overdo but the few times he has been home since he hasnt exactly been stepping up to pull my slack!! (He is a truck driver and gone often) And has griped on occasions that i have asked for the extra help. And homeschool, o my! I home school my 8 yr old and that has been a struggle since the OP. For the first time since we started i have almost wished i had that 8 hours a day as a break that she would be in public school. But on the other hand it has been helpful to have her here. So there are ups and downs to it. Also that first week with the stronger meds there would have been no way i could have gotten up to an alarm to get her to school!

Just an idea but is there any way you can break the schooling down to shorter days for you? I have had mine doing primarily independent work and will resume the more hands on things after may 1st. I have planned it this way and she will loose 2 weeks of her summer break for it but she isnt complaining now lol. Its just a thought to help lessen your load. And have the kids help out with the house work and such in the meantime. I have put my 8 and 2 yr old to work with chores and offering rewards bc it is alot more than there normal chores. Like this past weekend DH took my DD to see a movie bc of her extra help lately.

Just some ideas to help lessen your load i hope this helps some! Just know you are not alone in this and we are all here for you. And this is a frustrating recovery but on same hand you only have ONE chance to do it right!! Pls be good to your body!!
Unread 04-16-2014, 05:23 PM

Thank you so much for your reply! My husband and I made up today =) I know he means well, and I have to admit, I brought some of it on myself.
As for homeschooling I am feeling really guilty at how many breaks we have had since my surgery. But I think we will continue 2 days a week or so through the summer to make up for it. Thank you also for the suggestions, we may divide the schedule up and do a half day only.
Of course instead of resting today I HAD to get groceries, my 10 year old pushed the cart and loaded and unloaded the car. I have spent the rest of the day with my feet up. I am definitely forcing myself to just take it easy for the next 3 weeks......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2014, 08:48 AM

Glad to hear you and DH made up!! This whole recovery process is frustrating, trust me i know!! I too have felt guilty about the home school work not getting done even though i planned it this way. But as i said there is always summer break to make up lost time in and i will schedule it so she doesnt really miss anything. Glad you got to put your feet up and get some rest after grocery shopping and having your child push the cart is what i do as well! She actually likes it as i normally wont let her bc she has a tendency to hit things with the cart lol. Also dont hesitate to use the electronic wheel chair cart thingys. You can really load those things down!! I found this out when i broke my ankle last fall. I could fit groceries for a week in one of those! As long as you load it right you would be surprised! Anyway hoping you get some rest and having a healthy recocery!!
Unread 04-17-2014, 02:23 PM

Thank you, I have eyeballed those carts, but feel embarrassed! Is that silly? My kids would love it I am sure! Lol!
Unread 04-17-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julievb73 View Post
Thank you, I have eyeballed those carts, but feel embarrassed! Is that silly? My kids would love it I am sure! Lol!
Its not silly at all!! I felt very embarrassed at first as well. BUT I was on crutches at the time and refused to crutch around Wal-Mart and try to push a cart at same time lol. So I kind of got used to it bc I was in a cast for about 3 months. Now after the hysterectomy its just like Meh, why not, the pain is not worth the little embarrassment!! Trust me it will fade! And yes the kiddos love it.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register