5 Months post hysterectomy and still hurting | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 Months post hysterectomy and still hurting 5 Months post hysterectomy and still hurting

Unread 08-01-2016, 04:00 AM
5 Months post hysterectomy and still hurting

had my surgery March 3rd, only kept my ovaries. Every month, I'm in excruciating pain. The dr said all looks good and sent me for an ultrasound. The ultrasound came back clean. The pain is in my lower abdomen near the ovaries. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2016, 04:47 AM

The top of your rectum is directly behind your ovaries. Because your symptoms occur on a monthly basis, it's likely that the smooth muscles in there are being overstimulated by the same prostaglandins that would stimulate your period. Ibuprofen inhibits prostaglandin activity, so ask your doctor or pharmacist about taking it. Magnesium can also help, by relaxing those smooth muscles; food sources include leafy greens, whole grains, nuts and seeds, and dark chocolate. Best wishes for your continued recovery!
Unread 08-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Re: 5 Months post hysterectomy and still hurting

Does the pain occur once a month or all the time? If it's 1x monthly, if youve kept your ovaries, It could be due to ovulation.. Mark down when getting pains, see if a pattern.

The other thing, I have to agree with Tiger_Eye.. Keep the GI system going bc any discomfort due to not ideal food choices may cause discomfort. Limit starchy carbs bc theyre binding.. Fruits, veggies, nuts, pumpkin seeds, popcorn, magnesium.. If you have to stay on stool softeners or I prefer olive oil over salad. Fats lubricate the GI track...walk, water.. Let us know how you're doing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2016, 03:18 PM

Hi to all of the wonderful ladies on Hystersisters.com
I would first like to say this website is a blessing it has helped me so much. I also had a partial hysterectomy I kept my cervix and my ovaries and I experience the same thing as Cookiedup. I also experience pain after intercourse sometimes quite a few days. Anyone experience this also? Thank
you all so much for sharing your experiences and the wonderful advice,support and encouragement. I have told several ladies who will be or have already had some type of surgery that this is the place to come. God bless you all.
Unread 08-07-2016, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiedup View Post
had my surgery March 3rd, only kept my ovaries. Every month, I'm in excruciating pain. The dr said all looks good and sent me for an ultrasound. The ultrasound came back clean. The pain is in my lower abdomen near the ovaries. Any ideas?
I used Arnica Montana tablets 6x from my local health food store, from my moment I could fit into my hospital room post op. I took 4 tabs (they are tiny and dissolve quickly under the tongue) 4 times a day and I stopped using pain meds 3 days after surgery.

I also used Copaiba and Frankincense essential oil internally, and I rubbed Deep Relief essential oil (all oils from Young Living brand) and I'm feeling fantastic, aside from my sensitive skin around my incision sites. I've never seen "medical glue" and I pray I never will again. I appreciate that the wounds are sealed and water tight, but the sensation of glue is driving me crazy. If you have suggestions, if love to know too.
Unread 08-08-2016, 06:04 AM

[quote=Lina-butterfly;4815541]I used Arnica Montana tablets 6x from my local health food store, from my moment I could fit into my hospital room post op. I took 4 tabs (they are tiny and dissolve quickly under the tongue) 4 times a day and I stopped using pain meds 3 days after surgery.

I also used Copaiba and Frankincense essential oil internally, and I rubbed Deep Relief essential oil (all oils from Young Living brand) and I'm feeling fantastic, aside from my sensitive skin around my incision sites. I've never seen "medical glue" and I pray I never will again. I appreciate that the wounds are sealed and water tight, but the sensation of glue is driving me crazy. If you have suggestions, if love to know too.[/Q
Hi thank you so much I am very much for the natural approach as much as possible .I will definitely try these products. I wish you all the best.
Unread 08-20-2016, 12:43 PM

Hey ladies! Here's the update. I saw my primary doctor after going to urgent care for a UTI. She thinks all of this pain has been from my bladder. I had multiple adhesions removed and it's also possible that the catheter caused some damage. She is running more tests and put me on antibiotics, so we'll see. Hope you all are feeling fine!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register