surgery getting oh so close. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery getting oh so close. surgery getting oh so close.

Unread 11-25-2001, 07:39 PM
surgery getting oh so close.

Hello there. I am new to this site and am so pleased to find it. My surgery (TVHBSO and vaginal sling procedure for stress incontinence) is on the 27th. It is so close that I almost can't believe it. I am less nervous today than the last 2 weeks. I work in surgery myself and have let my mind run wild. It is so different when it is yourself.
I have questions about what to expect after. This is considered an overnight stay here and hope things go well. I am afraid of the pain. Have a low pain tolerence. Actually, I am a big chicken. I am real good at encouraging others as part of my job, now I find I have to take my own advice, LOL.
This site has helped tremendoulsy and I shared it with a friend who had her hysterectomy several months ago.
Anyway thanks for being there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2001, 05:14 AM

Connie...I am sure it makes it tough having worked in surgery! I think here they keep you two days but it is done on an individual basis. Don't hesitate to take the pain killers. Take them when offered as it may be hard to track someone down when you need them! I always thought of myself as tough and a friend who just had a TVH (I had a TAH 4 weeks ago) said take the drugs. They never offer you too much!! Make sure you have some for home.
As the day approached for me I too was nervous but more so a couple of weeks before. Once there getting ready I seemed fine. They ask if you want something to relax before and I took it.
It took the edge off and it was no problem going in.
You will make out just fine. Do any of the people know you? I am sure they will take extra good care of you!!!

Take care....all the best....Lee
Unread 11-26-2001, 11:58 AM

Hi Tootsa!

The most discomfort I had was the day of surgery...don't be shy about asking for pain meds. Your doctor will do everything to make sure you are as comfortable as you can be. I brought my heating pad to the castle with me and it was wonderful - especially that first day. Hang in there - I really don't think it will be too bad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2001, 12:30 PM
Tootsa

Welcome to the land of the Hystersisters, the best site ever. I am 10 weeks post op from a LAVH/RSO and 2 hour bladder repair. I too am a real chicken and have a very low pain tolerance. I can say that I felt hardly any pain the first day at all. Had a shot of morphine on my out of theatre. The second day was the worst for me, but not pain wise, it was really bad backache. I took my pain meds and they gave me two heat pads which were bliss. the nurse also rubbed my back with Arnica cream. Best of luck with your surgery you will do well. Having a job like you do is probably making your mind work overtime, as it would. If you have pain just tell them and you will be given pain meds.
Have a lovely calm day, thinking of you. Love and Hugs Vicki
Unread 11-26-2001, 06:12 PM

Thank You to eveyone who replied. I am ready to go have this done. My husband and I are going to spend a romantic evening and then away we go first thing in the morning.
Will let you all know how things went later on in the week.
I just want to thank you, and let you know how much help you have been, more than you can imagine.
Till later,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register