Scheduled TLH 2 Weeks to go-feeling the pressure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 Weeks to go-feeling the pressure 2 Weeks to go-feeling the pressure

Unread 06-30-2013, 08:38 AM
2 Weeks to go-feeling the pressure

This is the time everything seems to be wanting space in my mind. It all seems too real right now. Cleaning, getting everything together I'll need. Transportation, lodging, financial, down to making another set of keys for friends who will graciously help out. Wow. Not easy even pre op.
Its hard to not be in control of everything. This cancer needs to vacate the premises and the sooner the better.
Just venting. Good luck to all ladies facing upcoming surgery. Woman Strong!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Re: 2 Weeks to go-feeling the pressure

Hi Figgymuffin -

This is the perfect place to vent. We really understand all that you are going through and trying to accomplish. You are right, the sooner you can get the cancer out of there, the better it will be. I do agree that we are all very strong women, and to have this place for all of us to come together is such a blessing.

Unread 06-30-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgymuffin View Post
This is the time everything seems to be wanting space in my mind. It all seems too real right now. Cleaning, getting everything together I'll need. Transportation, lodging, financial, down to making another set of keys for friends who will graciously help out. Wow. Not easy even pre op.
Its hard to not be in control of everything. This cancer needs to vacate the premises and the sooner the better.
Just venting. Good luck to all ladies facing upcoming surgery. Woman Strong!
Your surgery is the day before mine! My mind too is really swirling these days. I understand! I too fear the lack of control. I don't fear pain....I fear the lack of control.
Best of luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2013, 07:04 PM

It is so much to do, to get everything set up, seen about, the logistics of even just the ride to hospital, hospital stay, and ride home are enough but add in 150 more details to be sorted out. The most amazing thing happens though when you wake from your surgery-you truely feel like you are on the other side. Your focus is nothing like the pre-op time, time slows down, minimal details, preparations and such are behind you. Just keep you're sights o your op date and know that the post-op side is much calmer!
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:52 AM

Good luck!!!! I am hitting my 10 year anniversary this week---from endometrial cancer--stage 1a. I am doing really well, just wished I had taken more calcium the past several years--my bones are thinning too much!!!!!

You sound strong and organized. Take care of yourself--glad you will have a bunch of folks coming to help you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register