Ahhh it's over & I am wonderful!! (Long) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ahhh it's over & I am wonderful!! (Long) Ahhh it's over & I am wonderful!! (Long)

Unread 04-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Ahhh it's over & I am wonderful!! (Long)

Thank you sisters! All of your support and encouragement helped get me through the operation(s).

I am 13 days post-op and I feel like I could kick up my heels and fly!!

The day of the operation was frieghtening I won't lie. I am lucky that I had my mother, husband, and aunt by my side offering huge amounts of support. I had a total hysterectomy but was able to keep both ovaries. I came out of the first operation with flying colors and was not one bit sick to my stomach however, minutes after being shipped to recovery they discovered that I was hemmoraging, I don't want to scare anyone but this can happen and if you have wonderful hospital staff as I did everything will work out fine, all I remember is an angelic voice "honey you have to go back in now, you're losing a lot of blood" and then what seemed like a minute later I awoke in my hospital room filled with flowers. I was hooked up to and IV and a morphine drip and heart monitor, catheter and I had these wonderful message leg booties on. I wasn't scared. Just thirsty.

After a few hours I was sipping chicken broth and wathcing the O.C. with my Mom and Husband. The next day out came the catheter (anyone nervous about that don't be you don't even know it's there really) I was only on the morphine for 2 days than I went to Iboporphen and took a shower on day three and by day four I was packed and ready to go home.

My mother in law stayed the week with me THANK GOD FOR HER!! She took care of me during the day while hubby worked. Piece of mind for him, spoiling for me!!

Ladies it's day 13 and I feel like I could conquer the world, but I know I have to wait 4 more weeks for that. I will take it easy and relax and enjoy the new me. I will tell you that getting in and out of bed is the biggest burden, oh and coughing Yow! There are times that I do have some slight, slight bleeding (nothing to worry about), my incision is healing great. Remember that stool softners and gas pills are your best friend, I am lucky not to have swelly belly but my back does get sore from time to time. My doctor appt is this Friday and I will check back with the results.

Thank you all again!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Ahhh it's over & I am wonderful!! (Long)

I am so glad you are up and running well may be not running.Hope you continue to make good progress.

Dawnie UK XX
Unread 04-04-2005, 02:19 PM
It's Over!

It is over, I came home from the castle a day early and I am feeling great! I am trying to not over do but it is hard! Thank you to this site!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register