felling scared about sugery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

felling scared about sugery felling scared about sugery

Unread 09-03-2001, 09:04 PM
felling scared about sugery

hi ladys i am going in for sugery next week to have my right overy removed as well as my tube , i had a hysterectomy 9 yrs ago they removed my left tube and overy along with my utris i recentley had a ultrasound done and their are spots on my cerviex they are going to do a biopsey on my cerviex and tube and overy to see if its melegnet. i first started having trouble after i had my tubes tied when i had my son 10 yrs ago, i dont know if anyone else has experinced the same thing as i ,but it would help to know. i am a little scared as to what they might find when they do the biopsey. please give me any advice you might have to offer me my god bless u all thanks so much for your time lynn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2001, 09:52 PM

I also had problems around 10yrs ago right after I had my last son and they cut,burned and tied my tubes. I have had shorter periods and some extreme pain since then. Well I chose to have them take it all. And other than the normal pain from sugery things are going great. I have never had a biopsy so I can not comment on that. I would talk with you doctor about your concerns with biopsy and the chance of cancer. I am sure that you will be fine and that things will go smoothly!! Take care and if you need to talk please email me.

BIG 's
Unread 09-03-2001, 10:11 PM

I'm sorry I don't have any experience to offer you. I know you must be scared........just know that you are being prayed for and in a special way.......you are not alone! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2001, 06:02 AM
thank you

maggie, thank you for your reply it always helps to know that people are praying for u in times like this when we need it the most. i hope things are going good for u now that your sugery is over. how did u deal with the waiting for your sugery date to come. i finde my self worrying alot and a little edgey about it. this will be my second sugery my sugery is scudled for september 28, 2001 please let me know if u have any sugestion on how to deal with the waiting process that might take the edge off a little may god bless you and yours. lynn
Unread 09-05-2001, 07:57 AM

Lynn, While I have not experienced the problems you are I do know about being scared and I'm sending you best wishes that everything will turn out fine and a big for encouragement
Unread 09-05-2001, 08:06 AM
thank you

thank u so much for your supportand for carring.i have never been more scared of a sugery before but i guess its the fact mostley of the biopsey, and what they might find. but i am trying to think postive and keep telling my self every thing will turn out fine . thank you so much may god bless u and yours lynn
Unread 09-05-2001, 10:31 AM

Taking the 'edge off surgery' is not one of my best subjects...that was a very hard time for me. I found that the best thing for me was to keep myself busy. I worked alot, cleaned alot...which if you look at my house now...you'd never know it!

and prayed alot.

Somethings you just can't control...you just have to trust! Things will turn out the way they should....and be as they should be....so as my mom would say to me....Work hard, play hard and pray hard.....soon you'll be resting easy!
Unread 09-05-2001, 10:41 AM
thank youmaggie thank you for your advice

maggie, thank you for your advice, i will rember to do that what u suggested .you are deffnlety right about prayer it dose help to ease the worryand the fear. thank u for carring enough to respond and for being conserned. this is a very trying time for me. it seems like all i do right now is work and clean. my 14 yr old daughter asked me yesturday mom why are u alawys cleaning shouldnt u be resting i told her i need to keep busy to keep my mind of things and she asked what things i told her what was bothering me and she acted like she didnt understand why. once agian thank u for being their and for carring. lynn
Unread 09-05-2001, 06:38 PM

and a 14 yr old daughter to boot......you are busy....Maybe use this time to do stuff with your daughter too. Bake a cake together just to celebrate the day. I'm sure she is tense too. I know my kids were...and they are older.

Wishing you the best of sunny days! (which will come when the clouds clear up!)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register