I think I have done too much too soon - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think I have done too much too soon I think I have done too much too soon

Unread 11-25-2008, 06:50 PM
I think I have done too much too soon

Phew, I'm so glad to read these responses. I think my surgeon is very much on the conservative side. No lifting for 6 weeks, no driving 4 weeks, no housework whatsoever for 6 weeks! I've been scared walking slowly up my stairs!

Like you ceejee, I'm a fit 52yo and have been doing heavy weight training for a year and bicycling. I could do a lot more than I have been but my surgeon was very adamant about following his rules to the letter! So that's what I've done.

I'm so looking forward to the 6 week mark when I can more or less get back to normal although my surgeon has said I should NEVER do heavy weight training again. Has anyone else been told this? If I can't weight train then I plan to focus on short course triathlons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2008, 03:04 AM

Usually the standard for resuming intercourse after gyn. surgeries is 4-6 weeks, depending on the surgery, and the surgeon.

I know with my D & C it was 4 weeks and I think with the ablation it was either 4-6 weeks.
Unread 11-26-2008, 03:28 AM

I am 4 weeks post-op and the thought of having sex makes me cringe! lol. I think I have been doing too much as I have been crouching and crawling on the floor, bending, stretching up to reach things and I now worried I may have done some internal dmage and end up with multiple adhesions! I get a bad pain in my right lower side and groin when I walk too much too. Must try to rest a bit more and listen to my body.
Thanks for all the tips and keep recovering girls!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register