Can someone PLEASE tell me why | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can someone PLEASE tell me why Can someone PLEASE tell me why

Unread 01-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Can someone PLEASE tell me why

after 7 months post op, from virtually a trouble free surgery, and for the most part a trouble free recovery, now, all of a sudden, I can cry at almost anything?????? The last week and half has been positively AWFUL. I still get the flashes at night, (bothersome, but bearable), keeping my weight off, down 3 sizes, and now, if my dog looks at me the wrong way I am in tears. I am not on HRT and haven't been since surgery. Ladies, any ideas????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2009, 11:52 AM

i have no ideas but i do hope youre feeling better really soon and its something very temporary
Unread 01-23-2009, 12:23 PM

I would recommend seeing your doctor about it, maybe it's time you got back on hormones? I was told it can take up to a year for your body to adjust and get back to it's old self again after our type of surgery. You're body might still be going through it's changes and ajusting. I have the nightsweats too and headaches more than before. I'm on a low dose birth control but this was prescribed to me before the surgery, I"m going to have to go back and see the doctor because I feel they are not strong enough now to help me deal with the hot flashes.

I too just last week out of the blue, thought I was going to cry for no apparent reason. Hopefully things will get better for you, I wouldn't wait it out if I were you, no point in making or letting yourself feel this way if you or your doctor can do something about it. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2009, 12:49 PM

I think it's time I gave him a call, although I am seeing my GP in 2 weeks. If I can't see him sooner, I'll discuss it with her. (maybe it's post holiday blues????)
Unread 01-23-2009, 12:50 PM

Vitamin B12 deficiency can give symptoms like this. I know, because I have had B12 anemia all my life, and take monthly shots. You might ask your doctor for a B12 shot and see if that helps. You'll know within a few hours, and what your body doesn't need, you expel in urine.

My friends and family all know when I need a shot, as I become Ms. Doom and Gloom... *everything* makes me cry. So as long as I keep up on the shots, and don't let it go, I remain my cheerful self.

B12 deficiency is very serious, and can cause permanent neurological changes in advanced stages. Many people in old folks' homes who have been thought to have dementia really are B12 deficient. It's called Pernicious Anemia in that case.

I take a sub-lingual B12 tablet daily, and a shot once a month. My stomach does not produce the proper enzymes to digest it out of my food. This was found when I was 13 months old, and I am now a healthy 53 years old thanks to B12 and healthy living.

So I'd try the B12 before messing with hormones. It's way safer, and if it's what you need, you've discovered a simple answer. If it's not what you need, or only part of what you need, you'll discover that too, and can take other steps after that if necessary. Let us know what you find out.
Unread 01-23-2009, 02:41 PM

Iam 5month post op and going thru a time of having days of crying and have thought of talking to Dr, about it ....but at the same time Iam facing a rough time of helping care for my sister who is battling cancer and now discovered she has congestive heart failure due to the chemo she has been on and now doctors have to find a new chemo to try and help her with but have to be careful because of the heart issue .....so Iam thinking this saddness is a combination of all that is going on .......I don't know but i find myself feeling sad and crying and than feeling like I can't handle anything.....I don't tale HRT or anything yet......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register