LVH/BSO -help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LVH/BSO -help! LVH/BSO -help!

Unread 03-20-2002, 08:20 AM
LVH/BSO -help!

I am scheduled for a total hysterectomy Lap on 4/16, including the ovaries. The doctor said hes taking the cervix because he believes that its part of the uterus, and is subjected to endometriosis as well. I have a host of concerns when it comes to the surgery, and I cant stop crying...its gonna be a 5 hour procedure due to all my endo...and then i have these issues...

I have 3 disk problems in my neck. one herniated in lower back. As you may know, they invert your body 20-30 degrees when they do lap. I am concerned that my neck will be subjected to certain pressures, or moved in positions that might cause injury..etc. In addition, I had a head injury last year ..fell downstairs outside and hit a concrete wall with head... was told I get seizures...and feel like head is "full of fluid" most days and always have weakness all over...again, im so scared to have surger when I have these problem. Not to mention pain near my liver..i was told i dont have gall stones..but I have the pain...dont know WHAT that is!

I asked the Doctor about the neck issues and he said he never had anyone come out of surgery with a problem..but were talkin about ME here! Im not the luckiest gal in the world.

Neurologist never said not to have the surgery..so neurologically, Im cleared.

Since this endo is on or near the rectum..overies, uterus, bladder..and maybe ligaments...I know I cant put it off. But how can I get the strength I need to move forward...when my body is so beaten down?

Less than 4 weeks till surgery..and I just cant do it. I just cant do it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2002, 08:35 AM
Hi Dancindebz

First let me give you a big
You certainly have alot going on physically as you prepare for your surgery. I can understand your fears and concerns. I also know that when we have so many questions that are unanswered it feeds our fears.
I know for me I was scared to death when I met with my first doctor and he did not give me enough information. That was also before I found this website with all of the support and help available here.
Please make some additional appointments for yourself with your neurologist, surgeon and perhaps get further opinions and advice from 2 or 3 more doctors. This is your body and this is the time to be your own best advocate.
Knowledge is power. The more you know the better able you will be to make confident decisions. You deserve peace of mind and appropriate information on what to expect in all areas of your health concerns.
We are here for you.
Unread 03-20-2002, 11:13 AM
LVH/BSO -help!

Hi, Dancindebz! I agree with Shelley that you should get further consultations with your neurologist and a second (even 3rd) Gyn. Your dr needs to take your severe injuries into serious consideration before doing a hyst. Make sure he knows of the disc injuries in your neck and back, and also the seizures you are experiencing. Do you take meds for the seizures? The anesthesiologist will need to be aware of all your medical history as well. It is true that your cervix is part of your uterus--it's the "neck" that hangs down into the vagina and opens slightly for menstrual flow from the uterus. The upper abdominal pain you have could be "referred" pain from the pelvis on that side. When there is pain and pressure around an ovary, the nerves can transport that feeling up to the diaphragm (next to the liver if on the right side). So there might not be anything wrong with your liver or gallbladder, even though you feel pain in that area. Hopefully you can have all your questions and fears resolved by talking with your doctors. You deserve to feel confident that this is the right time for your hyst before you schedule it. Please let us know what your doctors say and what you decide. s and best wishes to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2002, 11:40 AM
LVH/BSO

Frankly speaking, I dont trust most doctors opinions anyway. If you see 5 doctors, each has a "different opinion" so really, I need to use my noodle, and figure out what my body is saying to me. And right now its saying "bye bye"... I could talk to plenty of doctors, but nobody is going to say not to have the surgery.

When i tell people that I am having laproscopic surgery..they laugh at me and say..."oh, laproscopic? oh..thats a breeze...you'll be fine with that kind of surgery.....its not like regular surgery"...

people are so ignorant..When they think lap, they think its minor surgery..Ive been thru 2 surguries and they were hell..and my endo is all over...from everything I read about severe endo and the lap hyster, it can be quite extensive!

I cant back out of the surgery because I need it bad..and there may never be a good time to have it...but I cant move forward, for fear of losing more than I bargained for.

I'm Stuck... like a skipping record...
and to top it off..IM GETTING MY PERIOD TOMORROW...! UGH!
Unread 03-20-2002, 01:17 PM
LVH/BSO -help!

Just wanted to send hugs to you, Dancindebz. I don't have any real answers for you, other than to reassure you that being scared is normal, and to encourage you, as the others have, to seek out as much information about your particular challenges. You've been through a rough time, and I hope that having this surgery will make some things much much better for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register