I'm Home and Feeling Great! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm Home and Feeling Great! I'm Home and Feeling Great!

Unread 11-08-2002, 05:40 PM
I'm Home and Feeling Great!

Hi everyone,
I got home yesterday. My surgery was totally uneventful. Everything went well and I was treated like a real in the hospital. I have had no problems at all. All the things I was so worried about never happened. I slept the whole day after surgery on Tuesday, finally woke up a little that night. I had no problems with the catheter. No pain when it came out. It did take a little while for my bladder to wake up but once it did, I had no problems at all. I got a shower the next morning and washed my hair, that felt great. I am taking it easy at home, lounging around on the couch and letting the family wait on me. The DH did the laundry today and I stood there and told him what load to put things in and helped him do a little of the folding but that's all. I have a little soreness but really I had much worse pain that this with my periods. I do get tired easy and have been sleeping alot. For all you LIW, please don't worry. I made myself a nervous wreck before my surgery and it was a breeze. They took such good care of me. I hope I will be able to answer some of your questions now and put your minds at ease. Thanks for helping me through this whole experience.
Mari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2002, 05:51 PM

Mari, welcome back. Sounds like you just breezed through. I hope I do too next Friday. It sure is nice to hear you are doing fine, just make sure you take care.
Unread 11-08-2002, 05:54 PM

Hi !!

That is great you are feeling so well.. I felt good.. and then made the mistake of thinking 'I can get up and do the laundry'.. NOT. So the family is just going to have to live without clean undies.. that or learn how to do the laundry.

Take care of yourself .. and let DH 'pamper' you to your hearts desire.. you deserve it !!

.. and dont forget to pour yourself a cuppa ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2002, 06:19 PM

This is very encouraging...my biggest concern is managing to turn myself OFF after surgery so I can heal well. A little concerned that I'll feel really crummy and a little concerned that I'll feel great and have to behave anyway (I promise I will, though.) Thanks for the report!
Unread 11-08-2002, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the encouragement!

Mari

Thanks for sharing the good news! As a :LIW: with a Monday castle date, your news was a real to me!

I've done enough reading on this site in the last two weeks to know that you need to lay down and get into major mode and let yourself be pampered. (I'm already trying to talk myself into winding down when I get back home...)

Take care. You're an for sharing such good news.

Emma
Unread 11-08-2002, 07:43 PM
Great news!

Gosh, it's so nice to hear how well you're doing! I'm taking great comfort in your comfort! Rest well and enjoy!

Julie-Anne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register