dVH/RALH Pinching/Twinges in Abdomen | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pinching/Twinges in Abdomen Pinching/Twinges in Abdomen

Unread 05-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Pinching/Twinges in Abdomen

I'm almost 10 weeks post, but as I've said in other posts, I'm not healing all that great.

In the late evening or bedtime, I get really painful twinges in my abdomen. I'm guessing where my uterus used to be?

It's like being poked from the inside with something sharp, not really like a cramp.

Anyone found anything that helps with this? Regular OTC pain meds don't really help.

I'd be OK if it happened in the day, but it's always when I'm trying to relax and go to sleep. Tonight it was so bad, I almost went in to wake up my husband (I'm sleeping downstairs because we have some puppies staying with us.).

It's probably a healing thing... But sheesh, I'm sick of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Re: Pinching/Twinges in Abdomen

You know, I did a search and didn't find anything, but then after posting this it brought up a huge list of related threads that was really helpful!

It sounds like possibly nerve pain. That's what it reminds me of from other times I've had nerves damaged and healing from injuries or dental work or whatever. That would explain why regular meds don't help. Everyone said time...

Patience is one virtue I do NOT have.
Unread 05-03-2013, 04:06 AM

Hi TracyMarie, I had TAH nearly 9 weeks ago, and up til this Tuesday I felt great...BUT..My lawn had grown so much & trying to get someone else to do it was frustrating me, I wanted to sit in the garden and relax, but it was driving me crazy looking at this overgrown grass.... Unfortunatley I am stubborn, and independant too.I asked my husband to get the mower...he warned me i shouldn't do it..I did half (we have a tiny lawn, I usually mow it anyway and it takes me 10minutes, if that!) I did half and stopped, as I kinda knew then it was a bad idea... Since then (Hubby finished it in the end) I havent felt that good and like you have had the same twinges..though they are difficult to describe..not painful exactly, but am worried in case I did some damage... I feel such an idiot now for being so independant.. cross at hubby to for letting me cut the grass... and so tired...though I am not entirely sure whether I may be coming down with a cold too! Like you say, it's kind of like a pinching feeling... how are you feeling since you posted your message are you any better? x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2013, 08:02 AM

Every now and then I get sharp twinges too... almost like burning. It seems to happen when I over-do it. I have 2 small dogs about 15 lbs ~ and I notice it more when I pick them up.
Unread 05-03-2013, 08:15 AM

Here too...I am just over 7 weeks post op and I think I overdid it yesterday...sigh...
Feels like a pulling, pinching on the inside. Just above and beside my incision.
I've been dealing with the after effects of an infected incision to boot. Still doing daily to the clinic to have the incision clean and repacked. Almost there but it is still not completely closed over...pain in the you know what!!!

I'm tired of it all, but gotta just keep moving along. Taking it easy today though and got my feet up.

Hope we are all feeling better soon.
Hugs!
Unread 05-03-2013, 09:28 AM

I'm good today and resisting the urge to "catch up" on laundry and dishes. I keep telling my husband if he brings the laundry down, I'll do it, but he doesn't, so the family is on their own. I did do major grocery shopping on Wednesday, too, and brought it all in and put it all away. After a whole day cleaning the house.

Gee, I wonder why I'm not healing well?! Sigh. Surgery recovery is for the idle. Which I'm not...
Unread 05-03-2013, 12:26 PM

Gee Girls, we are our own worst enemies really aren't we, but when we are so used to running around after everyone it comes hard not to do things... Big hugs to you all it's so great to be able to chat and support each other.It makes me feel better to know someone else is going through the same x x x
Unread 05-03-2013, 12:42 PM

I've had those pains too. They kinda feel like stitches are being pulled. I didnt worry about them too much when I didnt see blood my panties. I figure theyre part of the healing process somehow.
Unread 05-03-2013, 12:49 PM

Girlfriend I honestly thought I was losing my mind because I was feeling the same thing. It felt like the pain of movement in late pregnancy. I kinda thought the same thing maybe it's where my uterus was.
Unread 05-03-2013, 02:37 PM

Hi Tracey,

I don't know if its the same thing for you,,but I remember when I had breast surgery,,you get lots of "zingers"

These are the nerves regenerating. I don't know what procedure you had, but I had TAH & my belly is numb where they cut the nerve. When it begins to regenerate,,I will get those too.

Its very annoying, but it should pass in time

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register