where did this.....come from? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

where did this.....come from? where did this.....come from?

Unread 09-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Loven' the chat

Love the calendar idea!! But don't think we should hide the yuckies!! Let the world see what happens to us, maybe the whole "oh, it's just a hyst" thing would go away!!!
So far as the dunlop, wear it as a badge of courage! I call my stretch marks my battle scars
Here's my question, anyone else glued?? I had a tah, with the delux plan (took it all and then some) and then got glued back

Tah, delux (all and then some) Sept 11, 2006
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2006, 07:41 AM
where did this.....come from?

Bfree,
You crack me up! Thank god I didn't read you post 2 days ago, because I would have split my incision!! I am post op 2 weeks also and My surgery date was 9/26/06 so we are in the same boat. I am definitely using your dunlap term from now on. That is the funniest thing I have ever heard! I look identical to you I think, I have to lift up this little dunlap to see my incision too!Thanks for the funny post and a sense of relief that I am not the only one with this attractive feature

I feel great today so I am going to Walmart to shop for a pair of sweat pants with a wide waist band to push in this dunlap!

Take care,
fynewyne06
Unread 10-08-2006, 08:21 AM

Hi, gals-

One of my dear sweet girlfriends brought me a care package, after we talked on the phone a day or two after my surgery & I said my skin looks yukky, my hair is straw-like, and my skin is dry and itchy ....
She bought me:

a tube of facial mask
a gentle at home microdermabrasion-like face wash & lotion set
a sugar body wash-scrub & new body lotion
Biosilk hair silker
Rosewater body mist

So, my first at-home shower was heavenly and gave me a pick-me-up! And despite my little belly, I did feel better and prettier. She also painted my toenails for me.

I highly recommend asking a mom, sister, daughter, girlfriend to do the same for you, too.

And also remember, that I think that all of you are dear and beautiful , simply from what you've all shared from your hearts .

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly."- from the Little Prince

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2006, 08:37 AM

I so with you on this one. Like you, I was relatively toned and in shape prior to my surgery. I feel like, almost three weeks out, the Pillsbury Dough Boy. My abs are no longer toned, and I notice all the jiggles and flab that now takes the place of what was a nice looking midsection. Now, mind you, I am by no means a model, and I do not have a high self image of myself, thanks to a nasty ex-husband, BUT I am so self conscious of my flab to begin with and now I see this.....it is depressing. And the sad thing is that I am not all that hungry so it isn't like I am downing buckets of sweets and fattening foods.

I so want to get back what I lost.....but I am wondering if I will ever find that nice midsection again.......and, might I add, I am NOT a patient person!
Unread 10-08-2006, 09:46 AM

never thought i would have the same problem..but i do. ask dh this am if we had money for a tummy tuck everytime i look down at that pouch i dont know whether to laugh or cry. who had a tummy tuck after surgery????
Unread 10-08-2006, 10:26 AM

ROFL! You guys are the funniest! I feel sorry for our sisters who are still guarding their incisions!

I'll add to our vacabulary. I like to tell people that "I'm on the level". Then explain that the bubble is in the middle!

Please keep entertaining us all!
Unread 10-08-2006, 02:26 PM
calender update

I saw an article on aol news about a bunch of old men
who did a nude calender. One of them was 80!!!!
They raised enough money for the kids in town to have music classes twice a week.

Hostesses are you paying attention........

LOL

Harley
Unread 10-08-2006, 04:09 PM

Ok I cant even OFFER a nekkid picture of me after this hysto! The Calendar would send the masses running and screaming trying to find the end of the earth to jump off! Oh I have a pic when I was a cutie.....but I wont even look at it now, nor post it, because it will make me cry like a baby.
Surgery shouldnt turn us into an odd lumpy clog of clay! I feel like I should be the molding clay Demi Moore uses in the movie Ghost, not the PARODY movie where it flies all over the place and leaves a glob of gook on the table instead! growl
Unread 10-08-2006, 04:41 PM

Thanks for all the laughs today ladies! Um, I am afraid I would not be up to the nekkid picture idea either. In fact I close my eyes when getting out of the shower. I can't stand to see my huge self. Oh to live in the bygone days where larger women were the sexy standard. I would be so HAWT back then! LOL. My dunlap goes from a little one to a full fledged 6 pack a day beer belly size dunlap. Very discouraging.
Unread 10-08-2006, 04:52 PM

OK Y'all I have the belly thing figured out..... The kangaroo pouch is caused from the surgeon standing us on our heads before stapeling us up. Thats the only conclusion I can come up with. Let alllll the fat go towards our faces then BAM the pouch. I just wish he would have kept me upside down longer so the fat could have at least traveled to the boob area.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register