d&c biopsy what should I expect? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

d&c biopsy what should I expect? d&c biopsy what should I expect?

Unread 04-07-2010, 11:52 PM
biopsy scheduled

Will be having a hysteroscopy and D&C on the 27th and will get the results on the 5th. Have to hurry things up because my insurance copay is going up 600% on June 1st, to $1500 per procedure. Can't afford that, so have to get everything necessary done prior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Re: biopsy scheduled

I wish you well for your upcoming procedures! I hope the results have some answers for you!

Unread 04-08-2010, 09:38 PM

Good luck and good results. Hope its an easy procedure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2010, 10:44 PM

don't really like the dr. HMO contracted. I feel very rushed during every appointment. they are putting me off work for 3 days for the biopsy.

Dealing with all this while hubby is having a mental health crisis, and hasn't worked steady for 2 years...

too much stress
Unread 04-08-2010, 10:54 PM
d&c biopsy what should I expect?

understand it will be general anesthesia, since I had to get diabetic and respiratory clearances. Should I expect a lot of post op pain? Will I need narcotics for the first day or two? They have me off work for a total of 3 days for this. My doctor is contracted through my HMO and really gives me no face time, so I haven't gotten answers to many questions. Any advice or person experience would help
Unread 04-09-2010, 06:56 AM
Re: d&c biopsy what should I expect?

Hi MissKittyK ~~

I had my D&C and hysterscopy on Dec. 1. First they took me into pre-op and put in the IV and the anethesiologist talked with me. They started to wheel me to the OR and I was "out" before I even saw the OR!! I woke up in the recovery room and they moved me to a chair in the recovery area. I drank some ginger ale, peed, and was sent home. This was a Tuesday and I planned to go back to work Friday, but ended up staying home Friday too. Didn't need any prescription pain meds, just mild cramping, nothing bad. Was just really tired those days.

Good luck with your procedure. Let me know if I can be of any other help to you. Take care!
Unread 04-09-2010, 11:17 AM

I had a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and D&C all at the same time. My procedures were done under general anesthesia at a surgical center.

As soon as I could urinate, I was released and don't remember feeling a lot of pain. However, once I got in the car, I was hurting quite a bit. But that is the last time I really remember feeling a lot of pain from any of it. I don't even remember taking much of the pain meds I was given. This was 10 years ago so the details are fuzzy! I was up and around quickly, just a bit tender, even took a car trip the next week!

I am sorry that you are dealing with a lot of stress right now and hope that things work out for you and your family!

Unread 04-09-2010, 02:03 PM

I had a polypectomy, d&c, and ablation on 3/19. Waking up was the worst because of the nausea. However, I do not remember any pain at all. I was given a script for pain meds, but never took them. By the next day, I was tired and had to nap. Otherwise though, everything was great.
Unread 04-09-2010, 04:35 PM

thank you = I fear unrelieved pain more than anything! I hope hubby holds up to all this as well. He gets very panicky in public, and is thrown into an episode when he experiences much stress. I need him to be my driver, but I don't know if he'll be up to it...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register