TVH and Bladder repair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH and Bladder repair TVH and Bladder repair

Unread 08-25-2007, 10:32 PM
TVH and Bladder repair, weight gain

Hi I am new to the site
I am 33 and on Aug 28th having a TVH and bladder repair. How long is the avg hospital stay and does everyone get a morphine pump for pain? I am a little scared but ready for the cramping to stop.
I am also freakin out because I hear of people gaining weight like crazy after tvh. I have worked very hard to get where I am. Is this true will i gain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2007, 12:03 AM
TVH and Bladder repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleighj
Hi I am new to the site
I am 33 and on Aug 28th having a TVH and bladder repair. How long is the avg hospital stay and does everyone get a morphine pump for pain? I am a little scared but ready for the cramping to stop.
I am also freakin out because I hear of people gaining weight like crazy after tvh. I have worked very hard to get where I am. Is this true will i gain
Hi , sorry I can't answer your questions, I hope not about the weight gain, I'm suppose to have a TVH also just like yours. I'm not sure about the cervix being taken though, it concerns me. Is yours being taken out too? I hope you don't mind me asking. I heard the hosital stay is about 3 days?? I'm sure others here can tell us how long they stayed. I hope all goes well for you. ~~ jenny
Unread 08-26-2007, 07:12 AM
TVH and Bladder repair

Hi Jenny yes they are taking my cervix also. I hope the stay is not long I like being home. Do you have a date for TVH yet? Thanks Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2007, 09:04 AM
TVH and Bladder repair

Somebody with my concerns!! From the research I have read- weight gain tendency is about the same for those that haven't had a hysterectomy. I have worried about this alot, too. I'm 31 and have had a battle with weight my whole life. I know it sounds cliche' but diet and exercise are crutial. I have decided that I'm a hormonal eater- meaning I always tend to go overboard when I PMS- right now I feel so hormonally out-of-whack I want greasy cheeseburgers and milkshakes daily. Hopefully after surgery with the right HRT I'll lose the urge to eat that junk (one can wish-right?). I read a thread the other day that a young 'un like us had a total hyster too, and had lost 28 pounds!!! I do know that when our body is mending our metabolism is a little faster but it's up to us to keep it up after the mending process. Good luck to you!! Staci
Unread 08-26-2007, 01:02 PM
TVH and Bladder repair

Maybe we will be lucky and drop weight also. I feel a little stressed today. I am cleaning and getting work stuff taken care of. Maybe this day will go by fast and tomorrow is all the yucky things I have to do like "cleaning" everything YUCK YUCK YUCK
Unread 08-26-2007, 08:40 PM
TVH and Bladder repair

I'm still a little over a month away from the BIG DAY and I keep thinking about all I need to get done before my mom comes to help me out (tee-hee). My sweet husband bought a TV for our bedroom so I can recover and not miss all the new shows of the season (Gray's Anatomy and it's spin-off!!!). I think how lucky my kids will be when my mom's here to cook for them- they may want my recovery to take a long time just so they can eat Mimi's cookin'. Have fun cleaning tomorrow- it will be the last time you get to rearrange the dust for awhile!! Great luck with surgery- I'll be thinkin' about you on Tuesday- as soon as you feel up to it- let me know how you're doing and how surgery went!! Staci
Unread 08-27-2007, 01:00 PM
TVH and Bladder repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleighj
Hi Jenny yes they are taking my cervix also. I hope the stay is not long I like being home. Do you have a date for TVH yet? Thanks Tracy

Hi, not sure if you'll have time to answer but did they explain why they are taking your cervix or any info on that. I wasn't told much and am concerned. Mine is in about 2 weeks. Good Luck and hope it all goes well~~jenny
Unread 08-27-2007, 04:00 PM
TVH and Bladder repair

Hi ladies!
I had TVH with bladder repair on July 31. I am 37 and I guess I consider myself young
Anyway, I recovered so quickly from this surgery!
When you have TVH they take your cervix, that is pretty standard.
I stayed 1 night. The next day the nurse said if I get up and walk and pee on my own (after catheter was taken out) then I could go home. woohoo - here I go! I tried to get up and had the worst gas pain that it knocked me back into bed. lol DH was so worried and I just started laughing. Finally got up and I tried walking like normal and couldn't do it. The CNA said "slow down"! okay, okay. Small baby steps. The next time I went for a walk it was much more normal.
After I got home I was doing 2 laps around the cul de sac in the a.m. and 2 in the p.m. and went up from there as I felt like it. Nice and slow.
I have gained weight even though I have been trying to eat healthy. I need to start walking more but I don't enjoy it. I really was hoping to loose weight just from the procedure but I have messed with my weight so much over the years that I am screwed.

sorry this got so long but please ask more questions if you wish. I am here to help

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register