POLL: How do you stay ♥ healthy? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

POLL: How do you stay ♥ healthy? POLL: How do you stay ♥ healthy?

Unread 04-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Re: POLL: How do you stay ♥ healthy?

I am very active. I have german shepherds that I hike with everyday. I have a farm and thats a lot of work. Im trying to drink more water but its hard. I really dont like water. and Im cutting down on my caffine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2013, 01:06 PM

I do kick boxing at 6 a.m. 5 mornings a week. I eat vegan, no sugar (or subs), no white flour, no caffeine, no microwave, no carbonation. I need to drink lots more water than I do though- starting now as I prepare for surgery and recovery. Someone asked me just yesterday how I stay so fit. I said diet & exercise. She looked at me quizzically and said, "you diet
EVERY day?!" Um, well, yeah... I still eat and I like to eat - but if what you eat is healthy then the quantity can still be "large"!
Unread 05-30-2013, 05:57 AM

I'm type2 diabetic and manage my diabetes without meds, strictly on diet alone. I want to stay off meds as long as possible. When I was diagnosed I read and informed myself with everything I could to understand as much as possible about this disease.
I stay healthy by checking my blood sugar before and after each meal. I read labels and measure all of my carbs. I eat really healthy and clean and avoid anything that will spike my sugar. No white stuff: rice, white bread, crackers or white potatoes. No pasta. I even measure the amount and kinds of fruit I eat.
Having had a TAH my concern was incision healing because diabetics don't heal as quick. We have wound issues. Part of my incision has not closed, but keeping my blood sugar numbers in check has been critical.
My diet consists of Fage greek yogurt, raw nuts, beans, whole grain bread, proteins like fish chicken and beef, and lots of non-starchy veges: brocolli, leafy greens, celery, bok choy and the occasional sweet potato. I LOVE eating healthy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2013, 09:29 AM

I'm not very healthy at this time. Between bleeding for over a year a uterus ablation and a total hysterectomy I just have not felt like exercising.
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:36 PM

I went vegan. No meat or dairy. I also drink lots of water.
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:54 PM

I go to the gym where i have a great trainer that looks after me & helps keep me as active as possible. I try to watch wat i eat
Unread 06-30-2013, 04:28 PM
POLL: How do you stay ♥ healthy?

Started exercise again. Hyster was in April. Watching intake. Reduced sugar and caffiene. Trying to eliminate processed foods. Meditation too!
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:26 PM

I reduced sugar and gluten - reduced processed foods - and started walking every day. I lost 32lbs prior to my surgery
Unread 08-04-2013, 09:48 PM

I walk!
Unread 08-14-2013, 09:49 AM

I don't really think of it as being "heart healthy," I just think of it as living! I don't own a car, so I walk everywhere I want to go. Groceries get hauled home in a back pack.

I live with chronic depression, and exercising and being outdoors regularly is part of how I manage that. Also, arthritis is setting in, and my joints do better when they're being properly supported by my muscles. I have a rowing type exercise machine that I picked up at a yard sale for $20 that's great for times when the weather outside isn't cooperating.

I've been a vegetarian (ovo-lacto) since my 20s, and I've never smoked. There's a lot of alcoholism on my mother's side of the family, so I avoid alcohol. I admit to being a caffeine fiend, though. No one's perfect.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register