Tummy Pillow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Tummy Pillow

I bought a tummy pillow when I thought that I would be having an abdominal hyst. Turns out that I will be having a laparoscopic hyst. Thing is, I bought one of those pee-wee pillow pets (a panda bear) that is so cute I can't give him up. I named him Bo-Bo because that is what I call my tummy area. Bo-Bo will be accompanying me to the 'castle' for a little added moral support and an extra friendly face to greet me when I wake up. Who says stuffed animals aren't for the young at heart?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Re: Tummy Pillow

ha! I bought a mini pillow pet too....I was standing in the store trying to decide with my hubby which one to buy, i was looking at the red dragon, when a girl riding on her moms shopping cart whispers to mom, jumps off of the cart, runs up to the pillows, grabs my red dragon and jumps back in the cart, and they leave....lol! ha! too funny....so I picked the brown moose....we just stood there laughing!

Good Luck on your surgery! =D
Unread 12-09-2011, 12:40 PM

jowens1873, this is so funny! I guess we can't help ourselves, we like the pillow pets!

good luck to you too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2011, 12:50 PM

That's a great idea! The hardest part of this surgery/recovery will be keeping about from my 3 dogs and 2 cats. They all tend to jump and/or climb on me wherever I am. I can have a surrogate pet while I recover. Thanks for the idea!
Unread 12-09-2011, 02:15 PM

My mini pillow pet is a cow. I was looking for a penguin but they didn't have any.

I think I'm leaving mine in the car though. I don't want her to get all germy.
Unread 12-09-2011, 04:47 PM

You are right about the germs but the pillow pets seem to wash just fine. Throw 'em in a pillow case, knot the end, toss it in the washing machine, air dry. Gotta love it!
Unread 12-09-2011, 04:53 PM

That's great!! I thought about getting a pillow pet, but in the end, I just went with zebra stripe! I lurve me some zebra stripes! I say whatever lifts your spirits is what you need!
Unread 12-19-2011, 01:44 AM

I saw the mini red dragon at the store--too cute! I've been looking for an excuse to buy a pillow pet. My surgery's been delayed. Good luck with yours.
gentle hugs,
Not A Princess
Unread 12-19-2011, 07:01 AM

I bought a chococat bolster cushion. It is the perfect proportions for all your belly pressing needs. I didn't have an abdominal hysterectomy, and I still needed a tummy pillow. It helps for coughing or laughing to hard and sneezing and car rides.

This is what the pillow looks like.

Tada!
Unread 12-19-2011, 05:44 PM

I have a unicorn pillow pet and I love it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register