Still in pain 5 months post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still in pain 5 months post-op Still in pain 5 months post-op

Unread 04-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Still in pain 5 months post-op

I will try to make this as brief as possible. I had a total hysterectomy (ovaries remained) on Nov. 21, 2011. This was due to a history of endometriosis, chronic pelvic pain, etc. It went well except exactly 4 weeks to the day of my surgery, I went to the ER for bleeding. They concluded that my vaginal cuff was ruptured and needed to have another surgery to repair. While the doc was in there repairing the cuff, he decided to do another lap to check my healing. I was apparently swarming with adhesions. He removed them, put down some sort of mesh to prevent them from recurring, however, I have NOT been the same since. I am in EXCRUCIATING PAIN ALMOST EVERY DAY!!! I am STILL taking pain meds on a regular basis because the pain is that bad. Sex is pretty much unbearable. If I have intercourse with my husband, I am literally in bed for 2 days in pain. I can still tell when I ovulate because one month I have pain that begins on one side, the next month the other. I keep very accurate records of my pain. I constantly feel as though my organs in my pelvic area are tied in knots. It is painful to empty my bladder, especially when I am done. It hurts to have intercourse, unless I take pain meds prior to, but again, then I am recovering for a couple of days after. I am a fitness instructor and this is affecting my daily life. I cannot do jumping jacks, jump rope or anything that is too high impact. I love Zumba, but the intense hip movements done so much in this type of class is unbearable for me. Please someone help me. I am supposed to see a general surgeon in 2 weeks, but I am skeptical. Please, PLEASE, does anyone have any advice for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Re: Still in pain 5 months post-op

I am so sorry to hear of all you are going through. I can imagine it is very frustrating to say the least.

One thing to keep in mind is that you actually had two major surgeries, not just one. First the hysterectomy, then the repair and removal of adhesions. I know from my experience that the more meticulous the surgery, the more it hurts. If your surgeon went in and removed a bunch of adhesions, I'm sure it is going to take some time to recover from that. It could be possible that not all of the endo was removed and that is contributing to your intense pelvic pain.

I can understand you being skeptical of seeing a general surgeon...not that they are not good surgeons, but I really feel that you should be seen by a gyn-surgeon since your problems all seem to be gyno related. Have you discussed all of this with your doctor? What was his/her response to your issues. Maybe it would be beneficial for you to seek a second opinion.

I hope you can find some answers. It breaks my heart to hear that you are suffering so much. Please discuss your issues with your doctor and if that doesn't yield some answers, find a different doctor.

I will be thinking of you, sending you positive thoughts and great

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register