12 weeks out and now I have a cyst! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 weeks out and now I have a cyst! 12 weeks out and now I have a cyst!

Unread 08-31-2006, 11:32 AM
12 weeks out and now I have a cyst!

Well...I haven't posted since my surgery. I was doing OK until about 3 weeks ago when I began having some bad right pelvic pain. Went to the doctor and he ordered an ultrasound. Just got the results and it turns out I have a fluid filled cyst on my right overy. UGH!!!

We are playing the "wait and see" game to see if it goes away on it's own and repeating the ultrasound in 6 weeks. I'm just so tired of being in pain. Some days I'm not so bad, but others I'm so tired, and in quite a bit of pain. Is this normal with an ovarian cyst? Will I ever be back to normal?

I am in no way regretting the surgery, as I am so thrilled to not be bleeding all the time. At least now I can go out and go shopping, but I still can't do much without my pain getting worse.

I guess I'm just getting so frustrated. I want to go for a motorcycle ride, but know there is no way I can get on the bike without pain. Oh Well....guess I just need to be more patient and let my husband keep pampering me like he has been.

Thanks for letting me vent. It's just so darn frustrating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2006, 12:20 PM

Wow, I know where you are coming from. I had TAH in January for stage 5 endo/ov cysts. I am now possibly looking at ovary removal surgery, since the cysts are back. I feel like I have gone through the surgery for nothing. I'm hurting as bad as I was before. But, to answer your question..it sound exactly like a cysts.....Sometimes, I'm doubled over with the pain...other times, it just "pressure".
Unread 08-31-2006, 02:50 PM

When I was doing research before my surgery I had 3 doctors and a nurse tell me that if you leave your ovaries in, most likely sometime in your life you will have to go back and have them taken out. Since I was 50 years old and already into menopause they all said take the ovaries. The little bit of estergin they give off is not worth keeping them. So I decided to have mine out.
I hope things go well for you and that your cyst will go away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2006, 03:34 PM

hi ya from essex in the uk ,at last someone else with a motorbike,how long did they say you had to wait before you could go on it again??? i am going loopy sitting about ,thank goodness for cross stitch ,crosswords,crochet and stupid daytime television.they took my left ovary and womb ,aug 01 2006. am still very tired in the afternoons but this week have slept better at night.it was my birthday in july and i got a new motorbike but not ridden it yet ,just have to keep gazing longingly at it ,it a yellow one.beautiful bright breezy sunny colour.am taking it very easy walking little bit every day.any one else out there got a motorbike ???
Unread 08-31-2006, 06:03 PM

Hey miffybythesea
Before I had my hyster the doctor said I could ride at 4 weeks, but I had complications so still haven't ridden yet, and now am in a lot of pain from my cyst, so it's post poned for several more weeks. Luckily here in Arizona it's too hot to ride most of the time yet.

My husband and I ride together on his bike right now. I had my own but crashed and got rid of it before my surgery, but I plan on getting a Ducati soon. I am so looking forward to getting back out though. Especially now that I've had my hyster.

I know what you mean about going loopy with sitting around. At 12 weeks I still am doing a lot of laying around, but that's because of this hopefully minor set back. But I sooooo look forward to the fall and all the beautiful rides and motorcycle trips we can go on.

Happy future riding to you!
Unread 08-31-2006, 09:00 PM

mustanggrl - If you do a search of the past posts, you'll find that a lot of women have had to go back in to have ovaries removed. I didn't have any "serious" cysts until after my TVH in April. By July, I was back in to have both ovaries removed since one had developed a dermoid cyst. Ugh! From what my doc told me, the ovaries are very sensitive and don't like to be messed with. And that I had a lot of scarring from my hyster.
Unread 09-01-2006, 07:56 PM

Hi, sorry to here about your cyst, I know how it feels. Im 3 months post op abdominal hysterectomy with one ovary left (I dont remember the abrvs) I have had lower pelvic pain ever since sugery. some days are better then others, but is always there. I had an ultrasound which showed my only ovary had tripled in size in the last 3 months. I am now awaiting my second surgery to remove it. Only time can tell if yours will dissolve and I hope to GOD it does for your sake. You have been through enough already! It can be so mentally and physically draining. I hope all goes well for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register