Are Headaches common post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Are Headaches common post-op Are Headaches common post-op

Unread 04-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Are Headaches common post-op

Hi everyone,
I'm 5 days post-op had a DaVinci, kept both ovaries but tubes, uterus, cervix has all been removed. Starting 3 days ago I have been getting headaches off and on. Its not a migraine but they do hurt pretty bad. Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Re: Are Headaches common post-op

I also had bad headaches after surgery... I had DVH everything removed but my rt ovary. Caffine actually helped my headaches. I was really sucking down a lot of water the first couple weeks... When added a little more coffee to my day my headaches got better. I hope you start feeling well. I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and I feel great now
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:22 PM

I had a headache after surgery, too - probably the drugs and stress!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2013, 12:37 AM

I'm three weeks post op and my head was like it was going to explode last few days especially getting up. Wondered if I was anaemic or low blood pressure. Started bleeding too. Any reassurances?
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:10 AM

I had a massive headache last Friday (while still in the hospital) & have been having one post operatively EVERY single night since I came home on Saturday *Grrrrrrrrrrr*

Trying not to complain though because aside from that, my procedure was successful and my recovery thus far has been uneventful.
Unread 04-11-2013, 07:10 AM

Your headache could be caused by your narcotics or even ibuprofen. Narcotics often cause headaches but ibuprofen can lead to rebound headaches if taken too often.
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:11 AM

I had headaches for 4-5 days after. I also wonder if some of it has to do with the peculiar position for DvH? Narcotics didn't knock it out, but 3 ibuprofen did. So I needed the anti inflammatory. I hope you find some relief.
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:58 AM

I just called the nurse about this. I've had a headache since yesterday and nothing is helping. Took 4 Motrin last night and 4 this morning. She's checking with my doctor to see if they can call something in. I don't like the Percocet so I haven't taken any since 2 days post op. Anyone have dry eyes? I wear contacts and today has been horrible. I'm going to try and up my water intake. Maybe I'm not drinking enough. Also woke up last night drenched in sweat, it was horrible. Anyone else sweating like a pig?
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by currycoffee View Post
I just called the nurse about this. I've had a headache since yesterday and nothing is helping. Took 4 Motrin last night and 4 this morning. She's checking with my doctor to see if they can call something in. I don't like the Percocet so I haven't taken any since 2 days post op. Anyone have dry eyes? I wear contacts and today has been horrible. I'm going to try and up my water intake. Maybe I'm not drinking enough. Also woke up last night drenched in sweat, it was horrible. Anyone else sweating like a pig?
Please talk to your doc -- did you tell the nurse you don't like the percocet? Is making you sick? I feel sad for all the sisters I see post their pain med isn't working or is making them sick and they just stop without taking to their doc. Your body will heal best when your pain is managed -- if it isn't managed well, it can slow your recovery. Yes, dehydration can also cause headaches. Please take care.
Unread 04-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Are Headaches common post-op

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusbunny View Post
Please talk to your doc -- did you tell the nurse you don't like the percocet? Is making you sick? I feel sad for all the sisters I see post their pain med isn't working or is making them sick and they just stop without taking to their doc. Your body will heal best when your pain is managed -- if it isn't managed well, it can slow your recovery. Yes, dehydration can also cause headaches. Please take care.
Thank you. They called in another pain med but I had the same reaction. It did get rid of my headache but the nausea and the way it makes my head spin isn't worth it. My pain level is low when it comes to my insides, it's more noticeable in the evening but still tolerable with just ibuprofen. I finally had 3 bm's today and that has helped tremendously. Air bubbles have subsisubsided again. I started taking my daily probiotic yesterday and I'm not sure if thats what is helping or if the stool softner is finally kicking in. It's up and down for sure. I would like a good nights rest!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register