pre op and hubby - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre op and hubby pre op and hubby

Unread 10-28-2005, 11:45 AM
pre op and hubby

Prior to my pre-op I will have a chest X-reay and EKG done. The doctor is also going to do a yearly exam. DH is coming with me. He doesn't want to be in the room for the exam, but will be there after I get dressed. He is really nervious about the surgery, because of the complications that his mother had. I think this will ease some of his anxiety.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2005, 12:17 PM
pre op and hubby

My husband was willing to come into my pre-op with me, but I really didn't want him there. He is my security blanket and I sometimes am stronger without him there, but to fall back on after. I might take him in with me when I go for the physical before the surgery Tuesday depending on how much of a nervous wreck I am. On Tuesday it will only be a week til surgery, and I have no idea how I am going to be. I spent 2 days in bed this week with anxiety attacks. Mind you I get them anyhow but they were harder to control this time.

I prefer the hand holding for afterward, but he is sleeping in the hospital with me, I should only have to stay one night if they don't have to change it to abdominal, which I won't know til I wake up.

Kit
Unread 10-28-2005, 01:48 PM
pre op and hubby

You knwo I just have to say I am a very lucky woman as far as that goes my man goes with me to every appointment and in the room with me one time I had to go to the emergency room bcause I had lost to much blood and the nurse bringing me back to the room had asked him to stay out in the waiting area he looked at her and said if it were your husband bleeding to death would you wait? i'm going in and you will have to call security if you stop me lol I was so embarrased but I still felt lucky the nurse smiled understandably and let him go with me!
Unread 10-28-2005, 01:57 PM
pre op and hubby

I am making my husband come with me so he can hear straight from my doctor how easy I will need to take it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register