Ufe didn't work so sad: updated - MRI results | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ufe didn't work so sad: updated - MRI results Ufe didn't work so sad: updated - MRI results

Unread 08-30-2014, 09:08 AM
Ufe didn't work so sad: updated - MRI results

Had my UFE in March. Right away it seemed it worked to curb heavy bleeding. But now I know it was just post procedural bleeding. Since then. Most period days have been lighter EXCEPT days 3 and 4. Still getting clots and heavy flow. Still wearing the depends pads. They said wait 3-6 months to see if it worked. Well that's in 2 weeks. Yesterday seemed lighter on day three but woke up to a full depends pad overnight that I had leaked out of. I'm so sad. I really just wanted to bleeding to be normal. I have no idea why it isn't lighter. Drs now want to do a LAVH. I'm sooo worn out and scared. Don't feel like I even have enough energy to do another surgery. I've been getting iron infusions that make me super sick.

I feel so lost and incredibly disappointed. Other prob is, since UFE I've had non stop groin and leg buzzing. It's making it almost impossible to lay down. Like restless legs but all day long. 8 year battle to keep my uterus and feeling like I lost. Crying all the time. It's so not fair and surgery seems so barbaric.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Re: Ufe didn't work so sad

Very sorry to hear this. I felt the same after my ablation. I soooo wanted it to work so that I wouldn't have to have surgery. When my doctor offered UFE this time around, I said no -- I couldn't stand the thought of another failed procedure.

Are you trying to preserve fertility, if you don't mind me asking?
Unread 08-30-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDee View Post
Very sorry to hear this. I felt the same after my ablation. I soooo wanted it to work so that I wouldn't have to have surgery. When my doctor offered UFE this time around, I said no -- I couldn't stand the thought of another failed procedure.

Are you trying to preserve fertility, if you don't mind me asking?
No with UFE that pretty much ended that option. I've been diagnosed with fibroids and endo. It's been kinda a mess up there. I'm just tired of being exhausted and sick all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreeve View Post
No with UFE that pretty much ended that option. I've been diagnosed with fibroids and endo. It's been kinda a mess up there. I'm just tired of being exhausted and sick all the time.
Okay. That makes sense. It sounds like you're really struggling with this, which is perfectly understandable. I wasn't exactly attached to my uterus or anything, but it is major surgery and a lot of women don't want to go through that. For me, it got to be a "quality of life" question. I was tired of the pain and horrible bleeding.

I assume you've already looked into any other possible options like Acessa (I don't even know if it's widely available, and I just couldn't do another thing that wasn't guaranteed).

I know a uterus is a major organ, but mine was making me sick, so I had to let it go in order to be healthier. I really was NOT living before; how could I when I couldn't even leave my house on my heaviest days or sleep through the night? Plus, I was constantly worried I wouldn't be able to sit through an event if my bleeding was bad. Only after surgery did I find out I had adenomyosis, so I needed a hysterectomy -- my problems would only have gotten worse.

As hard as it is, try and look at your situation objectively. If you had a close friend or relative going through what you're going through, what would you advise her?
Unread 08-30-2014, 01:42 PM

I just absolutely devastated today. I'm not sure what they think they plugged up but they had to have missed something. I was just in Target and felt a large clot coming. Had to run to the bathroom. I started bawling. I feel mislead. And I've hoped n hoped for 6 months it would suddenly lighten. And I feel stupid for getting smaller pads right after ufe. I just have no words. Oh and for 6 months I've had green beads come out at end of every period.
Unread 08-30-2014, 07:54 PM

I'm so sorry you're having to go through with this! Is there any chance the clots could be degenerating fibroids?

Is a myomectomy not an option?
Unread 08-30-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhealth View Post
I'm so sorry you're having to go through with this! Is there any chance the clots could be degenerating fibroids?

Is a myomectomy not an option?

I really don't know honestly. I feel just as sick as before UFE even though bleeding has lightened a bit. It's not enough though. I'm supposed to have first post ufe MRI on the 8th. Little nervous cause prior I didn't have the contrast. This time they want it. I'm just so worn out mentally emotionally and physically.
Unread 09-02-2014, 05:22 AM

Sorry you've had such a hard time. But I am wondering why your doctors haven't been more supportive and helpful.
I am just a year out from my UFE and my doctors have been wonderful. They communicated with me throughout my recovery and wanted to know about any problems that came up. I've been released from my IR's care but he wants to know if any issues come up at all.
I'm hoping your MRI with contrast will give you some answers. But be sure to inform them of everything that has happened so they can try to help you.
Hoping it's an easy fix for you.
Unread 09-02-2014, 12:04 PM

My follow up has been horrible. My ob that sent me for the UFE dropped me 5 weeks after for "non compliance" when I ended up in er 5 weeks post passing a 3" fibroid. There has been no explanation as to what I didn't comply with. And I'm not aware of anything I didn't comply with. Reports have been filed against dr. In meantime no ob I've met with since understands or supports UFE and I was offered a hyster 5 weeks post UFE. I've just kind of bullied a few drs to get my 6 month MRI.
Unread 09-02-2014, 02:11 PM

What is it with doctors and non-compliance these days? It seems to be the new favorite thing for them. I had a doctor drop me recently and everyone thought that was just crazy but I have heard it happen to so many people lately. And most cases they don't have a good reason for doing it. Then the ones people are truly non-compliant with will keep you on as a patient. Just weird.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register