Bleeder? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Bleeder?

I was grocery shopping today - I'm 12 days post op TLH. I felt really bad this morning when I got up - really really tired and my back was hurting again. But I got up and ate and took a shower and felt better. I still have the little twinges of pain and the soreness, but for the most part I have been doing well. The past two days I have had a light pink discharge - I have not had any real bleeding until today. I was grocery shopping and all of a sudden I started GUSHING blood. I went to the restroom and filled up the toilet! I know that's gross - I'm sorry. So I am feeling around in my purse looking for a pad - of course I gave my last ones away thinking I'd never need them again. So I ball up a bunch of tissue paper and make my way out of the store. I was 1/2 way through shopping, too, and had to leave an almost full buggy. By the time I got to my car, I had called my husband and told him what was going on. With every movement, blood would just pour out. I started getting really dizzy and I called the doctor's ofice. They told me to go to the ER. So that is where I spent most of the day. By the time I got there, it had really almost stopped. Now it's just barely spotting. I had no additional pain - just lots of bleeding. They told me 48 hours of bedrest and to see my doctor Monday morning. They did all kinds of blood work and all of that and an exam and the doc did not see any open bleeding. Just the residual from the parking lot gusher. He says that about 10 - 12 days post op sometimes the stitches dissolve and there is some bleeding. I don't know. I know I am overdoing it, though. Now I am listening to my body. Has anyone else experienced bleeding like that about two weeks out? I had always had heavy periods but this was really alarming. No one - not my doctor or the post op nurses mentioned that this could happen. If they had it would have saved me an expensive trip to the ER.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Re: Bleeder?

Wow, what a scary thing to have happen I'm glad you're okay and resting. I had heard that when the stitches dissolve there could be some discharge and spotting but bleeding like you did just doesn't seem normal at all, good thing you went to the ER. I never spotted or had any bleeding and it's been almost 14 weeks. I would spend the next couple of days on some serious bedrest and then definitely get checked by your doctor. Hope this is the only bump in the road and the rest of your recovery is smooth and uneventful!
Unread 06-05-2010, 05:32 PM

wow! That must of been so scary for you!
I am glad that you went in and everything seems to be ok.
My doc told me around days 12-20 I might experience some spotting due to my stitches disolving { had a TVH}. So far nothing, and I am on day 10 of post op. So I am guessing anytime I might see some blood. I have my post op check up Monday. Prayers everything is ok!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2010, 09:22 PM

Yes! The same thing happened to me at 2 weeks post op. I stood up from the table and blood just came gooshing out. It is so so scary. I had a bleeder, the blood was pocketing in an area, once the pressure built up it would release...causing the gushing. My doctor chose to wait and see if it would heal on it's own. at 3 weeks I had it happen again, but much less blood this time after that no more bleeding. It did take a long time for the area to completely heal. I had a sore/pressure spot inside, the doctor could still feeling some swelling in that area at my 6 week apt. He said my body needs time to absorb and heal the spot, like a bruised area.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register