Retroverted Uterus and Severe Low back Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Retroverted Uterus and Severe Low back Pain Retroverted Uterus and Severe Low back Pain

Unread 10-22-2015, 02:51 PM
Retroverted Uterus and Severe Low back Pain

I have had a history of irregular periods and heavy bleeding and ovarian cysts. One month ago my GYN prescribed a birth control pill to me. This was to help "regulate" the periods and heavy bleeding. I started my period 4 days ago, but had spotting all month long being on the pill. I have had severe low back pain since the start of my period. I have a retroverted uterus. Until yesterday, I didn't put the low back pain and tipped uterus together. My boss pointed out to me yesterday "you had this last month". I am not sure what to do. I don't want to be on birth control, but I felt my GYN was not giving me any other choices. I want a hysterectomy, the GYN is very hesitant and put me on the birth control pill instead. I am tired of wearing overnight pads and now the pain. Are there any options for me? Second opinion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2015, 11:59 AM
Re: Retroverted Uterus and Severe Low back Pain

I got a second opinion and was so glad I did. My first GYN told me after the ablation that I needed to get a life when I complained about how much pain I was in. The second opinion found I had endo, adeno, and fibroids. It is important to be your own advocate. I was miserable for a very long time. Now I know why.
Take care of yourself.
Unread 10-23-2015, 04:56 PM

Go for the second opinion. My lousy Dr could have cared less that I was constantly bleeding and I even had a bad pap smear and he still brushed it off as needing a new bc pill. I had been on mine for 15 yrs without a problem and I knew something was wrong. I fired his butt and my new was wonderful. He did a d and c to make sure there was no cancer and we decided to go ahead with a hysterectomy, In the end I was full of fibroids, severe endo and adeno. There was no way just changing the pill would have helped anything like my original quack said. You have to be your own advocate. Find a Dr who will listen and help. I did and am so glad I did. I love that guy. Oh and like you I had a retroverted uterus and killer lower back pain so I understand that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2015, 03:18 PM

Have you looked into whether your body is aligned properly? Often this is the true cause of a retroverted uterus/low back pain and can be corrected by working on your alignment. Google "Restorative Exercise" and "retroverted uterus" and you should find a lot on the topic, including physical therapists and exercise trainers who specialize in this area. At least I would try it before resorting to surgery. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register