POLL: How do you stay ♥ healthy? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

POLL: How do you stay ♥ healthy? POLL: How do you stay ♥ healthy?

Unread 02-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Re: POLL: How do you stay ♥ healthy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStar31 View Post
I started my health make over in January. After months of being inactive due to many complications after my hysto...I was diagnosed with SI joint dysfunction translation : too much time on my back recovering! I had two sets of steroid injections and am now keeping a food journal, 3 days at 1500 calories and 4 days at 1200. I attend Aquatic Therapy two times a week and walk for 30-45 minutes 3 times a week. I have already 6 pounds...which isn't easy for an old lady like me!!

Congratulations! Good for you--one of my favorite yoga teachers was teaching in her 80s. The big deal? She didn't start doing yoga until she was 60. She always said she could still bowl because of adding yoga. So it really is never too late. Well done and WHOOO HOOOO. Keep up the good self-care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2013, 02:33 PM

I walk on the treadmill, eat more fruits and vegetables, drink less caffeine, and take my vitamins daily. I also changed my job position to help get rid of stress. This change has allowed me to spend more time with my DH and my pets.
Unread 02-10-2013, 03:07 PM
POLL: How do you stay ♥ healthy?

By sharing all the delicious goodies sent to me by dear family while I'm home. I've gotten tins of popcorn, chocolates, chocolate strawberries , chocolate pretzels. It makes me all the more eager to be able to get out and walk ( not over doing of course) . I feel like I have a new lease on my life, and can't wait to get fit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2013, 03:59 PM

I'm 46! Just feel old!!
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:40 AM

same as the rest, walking, drinking water, keeping my weight low.

I am also a vegetarian, but not for health reasons
Unread 02-16-2013, 12:46 PM

Mostly by walking, eating right, drinking lots of water since surgery. One of the perks I received from my surgery - I still don't have a sweet tooth. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining.
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:56 PM

I eat oatmeal for breakfast every day, drink tons of water and have gone back to the gym since my restrictions were lifted.
Unread 03-09-2013, 12:45 PM

I am a Weight Watcher's member, since last January have been eating healthier, workout 3-5 times a week at our church gym. Then, last March I started working with a trainer. I've lost over 30 lbs fat and gained 17 lbs muscle. I've had ups and downs, but still going. Well, not now I'm just in my second week post- op. can't wait to get back there. My goal this year is to get the rest of my weight off and move towards eating whole foods.
Unread 03-24-2013, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
In just a few weeks, we will be rolling into February, the love month! What ways do you stay ♥ healthy? Share them here and you might be featured in February's newsletter.
I walk daily, I eat oatmeal for breakfast with a fresh piece of fruit. I drink lots of fluids and drink 2 large organic glasses of fresh home made smoothies. Each smoothies is loaded with raw fruits and vegetables . Such as spinach , blueberries , strawberries , mango, pineapple , raspberries , banana , apples, carrots, vanilla silk milk, frozen yogurt, everything is chopped in my blender. It's delicious !! It helps keep me regular and gives me energy. Great way to get in my daily take of raw fruits and veggies .
I'm week 3 post op oopherectomy and total hysterectomy and feel great!
Unread 03-24-2013, 07:37 AM

I am working to lose weight and be a lot healthier as a result. I do Weight Watchers online which helps me monitor portions and what I eat. I swim twice weekly and treadmill or hike for cardio and use the stability ball for strength training assistance with weights

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register