No BM For One Week Now ! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No BM For One Week Now ! No BM For One Week Now !

Unread 05-06-2004, 02:57 PM
No BM For One Week Now !

Oh geez ... I know we can talk about anything here ... It honestly has been one week ago today and I, believe it or not, just though about it!

I already have the swelly belly syndrome, so I suppose that is the reason I didn't realize ...

I work fulltime, so I hate to go home tonight and take a laxative or two or three :snort:

Maybe an enema ... goodness gracious ... I didn't even have one at childbirth, 10 years ago!

If I shared this with my DH, he'd tell me something smart ... Like, I told you you were full of _________!%^&*

What's a girl to do???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2004, 03:06 PM
No BM For One Week Now !

Quote [If I shared this with my DH, he'd tell me something smart ... Like, I told you you were full of _________!%^&*]
Well, are you?

I have been buying prunes, suppositories, and fiber ceral since starting reading these posts.
Hope you get some relief soon.
Wendy
Unread 05-06-2004, 06:00 PM
No BM For One Week Now !

Girl....do I know how you feel!!!

Have you tried taking a "gentle" overnight laxative? I've used things like Senokot, and Correctol, and they work really well for me. It's an awful feeling isn't it????

I hope you can get things "moving" soon.

Tam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2004, 06:05 PM
No BM For One Week Now !

Someone on this board suggested Bran Buds -- she was putting them in yogurt. I've been doing this, putting them in vanilla yogurt, one serving per day. This is working nicely for me, keeping me regular.

Hope you get relief soon!

Inaminit
Unread 05-06-2004, 06:09 PM
No BM For One Week Now !

I have this same problem from time to time. I now take one Colace (stool softener) daily, and sometimes two. If you are taking iron supplements as I am, it is constantly a problem. I know you will think I am crazy, but drink a Dr. Pepper or two--I do not regularly drink soft drinks, but my sister suggested this to me a couple of years ago for a short term fix, and she was right. Now, I drink one, and in just a little while...relief. Diet doesn't work.
Unread 05-06-2004, 06:16 PM
No BM For One Week Now !

Sounds like you might need to take something just to get things moving again.
To stay regular I drink a high fiber smoothie every morning. I use 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2cup Fiber One cereal, about 1 cup or so of soy milk (I like vanilla because it sweetens it a bit). I blend the whole thing in the blender and drink it for breakfast. I know it sounds like a strange recipe but it really tastes good and it keeps me full until lunchtime. Try it you'll like it...I promise
Unread 05-06-2004, 07:28 PM
No BM for One Week now!

I drink at least 2 cups of Hot Green Tea a day. If I don't use the green tea then the only time I go is when Aunt Flo is visiting. YUK It's a natural cleanser. My boss told me that Juciy Fruit Gum also makes helps as well. Try eating some : I know some times too much Iron will either make you go or plug you up. (sorry).

Hope this helps,

Jane
6 more days to go
Unread 05-07-2004, 07:38 AM
No BM For One Week Now !

I know exactly how you feel. I went 11 days after my surgery! I ended up having to use a Fleet enema to get some relief.
Unread 05-07-2004, 08:11 AM
No BM For One Week Now !

Well, it happened. Naturally.

I felt as though I was actually giving birth, cleansing breaths and all :eyes:

It took me 3 separate trips the the throne, but I finally managed to get some relief.

I bled and bled, so much so that the water was red

I'm trying to be good here ... and not too graphic

I'd like to thank each and every one of you who gave me some suggestions, I am going to get a regimine together this weekend and make it mandatory that I take something to help. A concoction of whatever it may be

Thank you again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register