Encouragement for everyone! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Encouragement for everyone! Encouragement for everyone!

Unread 11-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Encouragement for everyone!

Today is my 6 month anniversary of my surgery! yeah! I have to tell you all, I never thought I would feel good again, painfree etc, but it has finally happened. Ladies, just be patient! For months, I too had pain, swelling, etc. Up until a week or so ago, above my incision was still very painful, but now, it is almost completely gone. I just want to encourage everyone to let your body heal, be patient and give it time. Love to all . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2007, 11:35 AM

Thanks for the nice message Robyn. It's good to hear how well you are doing. I'm only a few days post op, but feel unusually better already. Although I have recovery pain, it's different the type of ongoing pain I was having before. I think my IV hand and arm hurt worse then anything!! Can't wait to be in six months down the road.

Best to you!
Unread 11-01-2007, 02:17 PM

That's so good to hear. I've been on this road so long I can't imagine ever getting off it at times! I do have to agree with you thoguh Worrytomuch in that I too do feel so much better in myself following surgery. It's easier pain to cope with when you know it's acute, what has caused it and that it will hopefully, eventually, go away.
Best wishes X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2007, 02:49 PM

Sometimes the road to the castle has a few detours and toll roads-- but when the times comes and you actually visit the castle and find the road to recovery and wellbeing -- it is great.

I am just 7 weeks out -- and feel better than I have in a long time --

can only imagine what 6 months will feel like.

thanks for the encourgaging words.
Unread 11-01-2007, 05:44 PM

Thanks, rdespisito, for the words of encouragement. I'm 3 months out (well, in a few days) and had a really bad day today. Still have bad gas pains and this awful swelling!! It is so good to hear that there is a light at the end of the tunnel...and that the tunnel really does have an end
Unread 11-01-2007, 05:51 PM

I am also 3 months out and have never felt better. Hang in there Sisters....there is light at the end.
Unread 11-01-2007, 06:04 PM

Yes there is light at the end of the tunnel. I myself am over 4 months out. And feel great. Alot of memory problems though, but i hear that also takes time. Good luck everyone.
Unread 11-01-2007, 07:40 PM

I'm 5 months post op and feel better than ever.

It was a long time coming but I rarely even think about the surgery now (and trust me even at 8 weeks I thought about little else!)

For me, it was a good decision and worth the recovery time. Hang in there, take one day at a time and Pamper the Princess
Unread 11-06-2007, 01:20 PM

I'm only 8 days post op, and am feeling so much better every day. Honestly, my IV hand and vein hurt worse then anything else--it still hurts!!

I'm sure my TVH is allowing me a quicker recovery then the ladies with the TAH or other procedures, but walking and eating healthy is key! I'm walking for only 15 minutes with one of my family members, but hope to get that up after next week's follow up visit with my Doc.

I didn't do anything for the first week and it's tough just laying around--it is very hard and boring!! And, I really thought my DH would not be supportive, however, for all of his "pre-weirdness" , he's been great in forcing me to stay put and recover!

I'm sure he's just interested in getting me well where I can do EVERYTHING again--eeek! Perhaps I shouldn't heal up so quickly???

Stay focused on your recovery, and only do what you can. If it doesn't feel right--DON'T DO IT!!

Best wishes!
Unread 11-06-2007, 01:48 PM

I was beging to think that the light at the end of the tunnle had been truned out do to budget cuts!I know I am only 8 days post op but untill today the pain had been getting a little worse everyday.today i am starting to feel a little better.thanks for the kind encoruageing words.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register