Not fair - isn't surgery recovery enough? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not fair - isn't surgery recovery enough? Not fair - isn't surgery recovery enough?

Unread 07-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Re: Not fair - isn't surgery recovery enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knitter25 View Post
To Ashlyn & Leona,

I'm so sorry you're both having such a hard time, too. Infections suck. Trying to live up to other people's ideas of when we should feel better sucks. Finding a good doctor, especially for your kids, can be difficult. I've been really lucky. My son is an adult now, but he didn't have an easy time growing up. Lots of med issues. I have asthma and it IS serious. A good doctor can make all the difference.

The stuff I posted before is just what it took to push me over the edge. In addition to all that, we spent 2 days in the ER with my hubby this week - different reasons, but he's gonna be fine. My MiL lost her dentures at the nursing home and now she's on a pureed diet, can't leave the facility to be fitted for new dentures and we're fighting for the facility to pay for them. Poor woman is miserable. On top of all that, she and my husband are being sued by the last nursing home she was in b/c when she began receiving state aid, they refused to pay for the first 3 months she was there. Since the facility didn't get their money, they're suing - for $32,000! My MiL has no money; hubby doesn't either. Thank God everything is in my name. He's been mostly unemployed for 3 years, so his income has been under 10K per year. He believes he'll win the case, but we can't afford an attorney, so he's representing himself. Nightmare. Really.

But I know exactly what you mean about wondering what happened to all your friends. My elderly neighbor sent blueberry muffins within 24 hours of me coming home. Two weeks later, one of my work friends stopped in for about an hour. That's it. Our "closest" friends haven't even called!! No one offered to help around the house (I was mad more for hubby than me), nobody dropped by with a meal to help out. Nothing. And it wasn't til the third week that I started calling people and chatting. I had to get past the anger of being forgotten. Everyone commented that "things just get so busy in the summer..."

Problem is we both have small families. My parents are 12 hours away, and his mom is in a nursing home. I have no siblings. He has one sister who is useless. In 10 years together, I've met her about 8 times. She lives in the next town over. My 2 closest friends have moved to other states over the past few years. One of them offered to come and stay with me, but her mom needed surgery the week after mine.

But I found myself thinking, 247 friends on Facebook and only one of them has time to stop in? My elderly neighbor isn't even ON facebook! I'm going to try to put the hurt aside, though, and think of this as a learning exercise. Anytime a friend of mine has surgery, I'm going to make a point of going to visit. No matter how busy I think my schedule is.
I am sorry. That is a lot to deal with. Hugs to you and good luck with the whole lawsuit ordeal and sorry your MIL is dealing with not having dentures, that must be hard, and hope the facility pays for them. Glad your husband will be ok and hope it is nothing major with him. My closest friend is a couple hours from me. I only have a select few friends and none of which live close enough to do a quick drop by. However got to see one yesterday because she happened to be in town but only for the 4th of July. I am glad mine and my husband's family live close by. However my family has been more help then his but his family does try. I will also make it a point to visit and check in on my friends if any ever have to have surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2012, 02:50 AM

Best wishes for you & thd kitties! Im a kitty momma too & had 1st experience with fleas during my recovery as well. Thankfully they didnt seem too bed. We had a stray kitten show up on our patio @ abt my 6 wk mark. She is abt 9months old & was pregnant. She had her kittens (with us) 12 days after we brought her into our home. The kitten's kittens are now 11days old (friday). The momma cat is where the fleas came from for us. I too, have 2other cats- 1 is almost 13, the other is almost 3 (they dont like momma cat, at least for now).
I am sooo sorry about all you have been through! Each of you. I know there is a saying that "God only gives us what we can handle", but I have to say, it would be nice if He didnt give us "so much
credit" & left us women a little slack sometimes .
Sending BIG s to you all!!!! Im sooo thankful we all know we can find our sister friends on here- day or night.
Take care sisters
Unread 07-06-2012, 01:40 PM

They say when it rains it pours. Its weird it always seems to happen like that huh? My heart goes out to every single hystersister, rather your troubles are big or small, or your recovery time is quick or long. I am here for you all!

I am so sorry for all the worries, stress, and pain that each and everyone is going through. I wish the very best for everyone.

Its so wonderful there is a site like this, bringing women close together all across the world. I so wish I was better and I had a sister nearby so I could help out, bc I know what its like.

Sending lots of hugs, prayers, and support to all hystersisters!! You are not alone! TOGETHER WE CAN GET THROUGH THIS!! Thank you all for being an important inspiration to my life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2012, 06:37 AM

Hey, how are your cats?

You'll never guess what I found this am ... yes, a flea! The dog had just come in, but still. She's on flea control. Gonna get on that today!

I hope you - and everyone else experiencing setbacks and tough times - are starting to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register