TAH Swelling | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Swelling

I had my TAH back on Nov 3 2011 and am still having trouble with swelling at the end of the day. I stand alot doing my job and by the end of the day I am swollen and buttoning my pants is a little hard to do...leaves marks on my skin at the end of the day from having them buttoned all day. Is anyone else still having the same problems or do I need to be concerned and go back to my gyno. Also still having a little bit of pain after I urinate not too sure if this is a normal thing either.....HELP !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Re: Swelling

Oh Dear, I'm depressed now!! lol. I still have swelly belly ( April 4 surgery) and was hoping it would be over soon.As your 5 months further along than me I'm guessing this may take a while. I don't have any pain after urinating anymore though. haven't had that for weeks. I'd give your doctor a call about that just in case you have a UTI or some other issue going on!
:cathugs:.
Unread 07-09-2012, 01:48 PM

Not to make you feel any worse but I still have some swelling by the end of the day.

Its worse after I exercise. I've cut even out gluten, wheats, breads, dairy, soy & trying an IBS kinda diet. Nothing has helped so I now assume its still swelly belly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2012, 03:24 PM

I am 2 years post op and it took me over a year before I finally quit swelling on a regular basis. Around the 18 month mark I started to feel so much better!

Now, I still swell but not so often and more after I have been eating a bunch of junk food or too many carbs.
Unread 07-09-2012, 07:56 PM

oh my goodness. I am freaking out because I am still swollen after 2 weeks. To think I have to deal with this for months even a year is overwhelming. Why didn't I know this before my surgery?
Unread 07-09-2012, 10:35 PM

Not everyone has severe swelling for months, but some of us did. Everyone is different and hopefully you won't have to deal with it.

About the pain hen urinating, I missed that on the first read through, do call your doctor about that, it could be the start of a UTI.
Unread 07-09-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamBol View Post
oh my goodness. I am freaking out because I am still swollen after 2 weeks. To think I have to deal with this for months even a year is overwhelming. Why didn't I know this before my surgery?
Don't panic. My swelly belly at 3 months is much much less than it was at 2 weeks.It's still here, but doesn't get as big as it used to get.What your seeing now will go way down in a few more weeks. Even if you keep swelly belly for a year, it most likely won't be as huge as it is the first 8 weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register