Zanax really helped | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Zanax really helped Zanax really helped

Unread 04-13-2004, 05:43 AM
Zanax really helped

Hello sisters - I just wanted to pass on something that is really helping me.

First, let me explain - I am very very reluctant to take drugs etc unless I think it is really neccesary. SOmetimes, I must sadly admit I was judgmental about people taking certain types of drugs. (very ashamed to admit I thought for some it showed weakness - go ahead and flame me! I deserve it!)

But, I did obviously pray in gratitude for all the pain killers I got post c-sections and post-op for molar pregnancy tumor removal and the failed ablation. SO I am not hardcore.

Anyway - I tried to tought out the pain from adeno, etc until it got increasingly severe - up there with a c-sec and beginning of labor. Tried codeine - made me too loopy (hey I want to live my life!!). Luckily got vicodin, which of course I was scared to take bcs I was afraid I would become a junkie like Rush Limbaugh. It has helped with the pain - I am having to up my dosage a tad - allowed 8 a day, but mostly I just take 2 or 3. It takes the edge off enough that I can do almost everyhting.

My nerves were pretty typical - pretty bad but very understandable. This weekend pain got really bad again. Usually, when the pain is bad my nerves are good bcs I just think - get this thing out of me. Plus, I would say - well of course I am nervous...

ANYWAY, to make a long post short - I turned a bad corner this weekend - must have ahd my first panic type attack. (Didn't ahve one b4 I took the bar exam of when I was in a semi plane crash thing.) Started sweating way more than any spinning class at the gym, hands shaking - eating literally made me throw up. Sleeping was impossible bcs every time I rolled over I dreamed they were cutting me open. Obviously, this is not good - to not eat and sleep the week b4 surgery when you need all your strength.

So I got a prescription for Zanax from my very kind & caring doctor. He knows me really well, and knows my "problems" & reluctance with drugs. I got the lowest dosage at my request - and ahve only taken 2, but it has REALLY REAALY helped.

I feel absolutely no different at all,e xcept when I think of next week, all I think is well, "Its coming up. That #@$%. But, I can't live with the pain, so I have to brave and get thru it for my self and my family, ALso, I need to focus on the positive outcome - being cute and fit and not a washed out hunched over hag. I need to find useful things to do to prepare my family instead of sitting around worrying about this - worrying accomplishes nothing unless its accompanied by action.""

Thats a better innr monologue than "OMG!!! 8 days!!! I think I will throw up, twitch, sweat buckets & not sleep."

Sorry for the long email - but I explained in depth so that maybe I could help another sister. you all have helped me so much. I am not advocating or pushing this - but I read so may posts today about out of control nerves and just wanted to pass on something that helped me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2004, 06:45 AM
Zanax really helped

Hey kat...

Save some for after the surgery, it has been helping me get through my menopause symptoms while i figure out which doses of hrt i need..I have also found that progesterone cream also gives me the same effect, i was shocked how mellow it made me,except i am finding out that it does cause me swelly belly..Ha have you ever heard of someone addicting to progesterone cream...wouldnt oprah love that one on her show

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register