will I fall apart | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

will I fall apart will I fall apart

Unread 10-29-2005, 12:10 PM
will I fall apart

Hey the more I read, the more I am really curious, how is it that things fall into the vagina if you have sex too soon? Is it not healed enough, which leads me to my original question , what is a vaginal cuff. My hubby is the sweetest guy around and he has used every single ounce of his cop's negociating tactics to talk me out of it in the last twenty four hours, I guess he is afraid he will create a head on collision or something. Funny, I could not even imagine sex a week Ago, and now with a little anti depresants in me, I just want it now!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2005, 12:26 PM
will I fall apart

The cuff is the top of the vagina which is sewed closed after your uterus & cervix are removed. If you have sex too soon you can cause bleeding and maybe even open the wound. I wouldn't chance it.
Unread 10-29-2005, 01:03 PM
will I fall apart

Hello hollowbelly!

Unless your doctor has cleared you, don't even consider it!

If your not cleared then I am glad your DH is trying to talk you out of it. If he wasn't, I am sure that he could be charged with aiding and abetting.

If you are cleared then remind him he is there to protect and 'serve'.

He is probably scared and doesn't want to hurt you. It's nice to think that he wants to protect you. I am not cleared yet so I haven't gotten to the point were any of this is an issue.

Take care of yourself!

Dianne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2005, 01:06 PM
will I fall apart

Better wait for your doctors, "OK". He can tell after examining you if you look healed enough. Infection can be a problem if it's too soon. You guys can have lots of fun with outercourse 'till doc says it's time. What do you think?

Cathy
Unread 10-29-2005, 01:27 PM
will I fall apart

I'm all for the outercourse. That's keeping me content for now. I, cross-my-heart-hope-to-die will NOT jeopardize my body after all the PAIN I have been thru.

Remember, we only have one chance to heal correctly!!!!
Unread 10-29-2005, 02:15 PM
will I fall apart

you are too funny! It's weird how your little inner voice keeps whisperins to you, and it seems to be the most annoying when you don't want it there, I am going crazy from give it to me now! But at the same time, I too am a little wary. Thanks for the reply.
Unread 10-29-2005, 02:17 PM
will I fall apart

guess that will have to do for now. Thanks for the advice.
Unread 10-29-2005, 02:31 PM
will I fall apart

There is another thread out (actually several as it is very common for women to want to know about resumming sex after a hyst) with some very intense replies you might want to check out about having sex before the dr gives you the okay.

"Sex earlier than Doc says"

We all gave a resounding "NO" to this question so you might want to check it out!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register