sick of being sick | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sick of being sick sick of being sick

Unread 06-09-2004, 10:52 AM
sick of being sick

This has been going on for over a year now. I started having heavy periods, palpitations and hypertension. We switched my medication which brought my bp under control and my gyno started me on the NuvaRing which brought my periods under control. Then I started having excruciating pain with bowel movements that just about knocked me to the floor. I would sweat and turn white and the pressure and urgency is extreme and unpredictable. I went to the doctor who sent me to a GI. I have had every test in the world it seems and everything was normal. Meanwhile I am getting sicker and sicker. I got a severe case of vertigo and a vaginal infection. I took Flagyl and suddenly I feel better for about 3 weeks. Now I am worse than ever. The lower abdominal pain is constant. They keep telling me it is because my bowels are sore. I have lost 15 pounds and used up most of my sick time. My hairdresser (God bless her!) told me she was having similar problems (same doctor) who told her it was IBS. Her husband threw a fit and insisted on a CT scan which showed ovarian cysts and endometriosis. I went back to my doctor and asked him of the possibility it was female related. He said no but ordered a CT scan. They had the results for over a week and only called me back after I called four times. They lost my file, the doctor hasn’t reviewed it yet, etc. They call me now and tell me everything is normal but I have a lesion on my uterus. I asked what that meant she said she did not know but I need an ultrasound that they have to schedule. Three days later and three phone calls to them no appointment so I called my OB/GYN and have an appointment tomorrow am. At this point I am barely able to function and I am miserable. I am 42 and at the point I will do anything to feel better. I don’t know what this lesion is but I am assuming endometriosis (don’t want to think about the C word). So now I am trying to research my options and have decided that if she suggests a hysterectomy then so be it. Anyway I think I am getting a bit long winded but thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2004, 10:08 PM
sick of being sick

Hi ((JN9)) & welcome ,
I'm sorry tho it is due to these ongoing problems & pain Sounds like you have been thru quite alot already! Endometriosis is difficult to dx w/o the Drs taking a peek inside...most commonly used is a procedure called a Lap. Endometriosis is usually found on the pelvic walls, bowels, Ovaries & other areas, rarely is it found on the Uterus itself altho not impossible.... There is a condition, Adenomyosis that invades the lining inside the uterus...it can causes extreme pain & bleeding it is described as internal Endometriosis.
IMO, I would insist on a more firm dx before proceeding with a surgery as major & permanent as a Hyst should the pain & symptoms your experiencing be unrelated to your Female organs and then to have the possibility of having your troubles persist even after this surgery *sigh*

Your doing the right thing in seeking out more info...you've found an excellent source here You can locate lots of info on this condition by using the search feature above with Endometriosis as the keyword also be sure to check out our Resources Directory specifically the following:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...n=browse&cid=6

Good Luck in your research! I hope you can find some answers & resolve to this soon....pls keep us posted on your progress & most of all, continue to ask questions!!

((hugs))
Unread 06-10-2004, 07:42 AM
sick of being sick

Thank you for your reply. I am feeling very sick today. I have a fever and have been dripping sweat all night. The pain is so bad I cant stand up straight or bend over. Thank God I have an appt first thing this morning.
I tried vicodin for the pain but it just makes me extremely nausaus. I feel so bad I am tempted to back a small bag just in case. My husband is stuck in Reno on his motorcycle (snow in the mountains in June!) but he can get out today and home tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2004, 08:21 AM
sick of being sick

I'm sorry things are so much worse for you this morning I hope, by now, that you are with your Dr Many ((hugs)) & prayers to you...I hope they can get to the source of this & have you feeling better soon Pls post when your able & feeling better to let us know how your doing

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register