Battling Endometrial Hyperplasia and Fibroids for 7+ years | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Battling Endometrial Hyperplasia and Fibroids for 7+ years Battling Endometrial Hyperplasia and Fibroids for 7+ years

Unread 04-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Battling Endometrial Hyperplasia and Fibroids for 7+ years

Totally new at this, but really need some advice. I have been battling Endometrial Hyperplasia, complex but not atypical at the time of diagnosis, and Fibroids for 7+ years with limited success. I have had multiple biopsies, D&Cs, and have tried the progesterone only as well as multiple types of birth control. Have also had an IUD, which was a disaster as it caused spotting all the time, severe pain on one side, and it turns out was causing infection after infection until I changed doctors and got a doctor to believe me and it was removed, surgerically as it had shifted as well. The heavy bleeding is for the most part controlled with a high dose birth control, but still have issues with spotting, up to a week and a half before, and cramps. I also can't get off birth control, ever, because as soon as I do, the hyperplasia comes back. When I last saw my doctor, whom I trust as she was a friend long before she was even a doctor, she wanted me to start considering something more drastic including getting rid of the fibroids, getting rid of the lining, or a hysterectomy. This was not the first time a doctor had mentioned a hysterectomy as my previous GYN was pushing pretty hard before I switched, but this is the first time she has mentioned it. As of now, not pushing, just wants me to start considering. She thinks that the fibroids are starting to cause problems and as I am far from menopause, am 38, might need to do something. I have never been told how big they are but know I have at least three of them of good size. Am struggling with a drastic surgery for annoying symptoms, but also know that I have tried just about everything else. To complicate things, my mother died of aggressive cervical cancer so any issues that seem to be related tend to worry me probably more than most people. Anyone else have some of the same issues and some advice? This is getting old fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Re: Battling Endometrial Hyperplasia and Fibroids for 7+ years

Hi, I've been battling endometrial hyperplasia. I have had biopsies and tried the "mini" pill which controls the heavy bleeding somewhat? I did not try the Mirena IUD. My last period was horrendous I had to change heavy duty pads every hour for five days straight.

However, I swear the doctors don't understand how awful this is. I really wanted to have ablation but due to the hyperplasia they say no you need a hysterectomy or a D and C followed by uterine biopsies.
The last biopsy I had hurt so bad and I bled for two weeks straight following it. I decided to go for the hysterectomy but after reading all the horror story side effects I'm hesitant.
Yet I do have some "horror" stories of passing blog clots the size of my hand during a "normal"period.
I know I have nothing helpful to share with you. I did have a fibroid removed. My surgery is April 16.
Donna
Unread 04-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Re: Battling Endometrial Hyperplasia and Fibroids for 7+ years

On the contrary Deg4, at least I know others are going through some of the same things I am. Totally sympathize with the biopsy pain as I just thought it was me. Especially with one of my doctors who was of the opinion that it was no big deal. Wish he could have gone through that pain. Would have much preferred a D&C. Have literally lost count of how many biopsies and D&Cs I have had in the past 7 years. Just trying to come to terms with doing something more drastic finally when not bleeding heavily. Have known for many years this was coming, but thought I would have no doubts or the decision would be obvious. Not the case. Have also been having issues with my back and recently started wondering if this could be related.

Hope your surgery goes well. Hope it takes care of your issues. I will still be in the deciding stage as won't do anything till summer due to my being a teacher and have missed enough school this year.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register